Vera3 / Aeon-Labs Stick setup question

Using 2.78 is not an issue, all is well there.
Changing the port assignments only allows the use of the dongle and any devices on it, the problem is getting the data onto the dongle from an existing system that is using the internal dongle.

Part of my restriction is, I don’t want to lose primary on my main unit and I want to keep everything as-is on the internal dongle to use as a fail-safe if/when the Aeon dongle fails.

Not having a third V3 prevents me from trying my first scenario. I have spare V2’s but the backup is too large to install onto them.
Maybe I could use a V2. Backup the V3P, restore to V3L, delete all the scenes and plugins on V3L, backup the V3L and controller shift / copy to the V2 running the Aeon.

Would UI5 need to be installed on the V2 first, does it matter?
Is there an easier way to get the data onto the Aeon dongle? Is the dongle data exposed with WinSCP to where I can copy a dongle dump file over to it?

JOD.

@MCV,

Controller shift is broken.

Controller shift tells Vera to transfer the role of primary controller to another Z-Wave controller. After you click 'Controller Shift........
...An error occurs. V2/UI4, V3L & V3P

JOD.

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2148

[quote=“JOD, post:22, topic:170191”]@MCV,

Controller shift is broken.

Controller shift tells Vera to transfer the role of primary controller to another Z-Wave controller. After you click 'Controller Shift........
...An error occurs. V2/UI4, V3L & V3P

JOD.

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2148[/quote]
I did see those messages when I initially tried the MiOS Vera to become the primary controller, I didn’t know that was a bug.
I did get the Vera V3 to be a secondary controller.

How I got it done was using Z-TOOL by Homeseer. I popped in the Aeon stick and created a z-wave network. I had the Vera V3 with a blank network and then added the mios as a slave through:

• First open de Z-tool and connect to your USB stick. After that press the “Create Secondary” button.
  • On the MiOS Vera goto: Devices → Add Device → Advanced Z-Wave devices ADD → Add MiOS to another Z-Wave network.

voila, Vera V3 (UI5) as secondary controller created.

How I got it done was using Z-TOOL by Homeseer
Ahhh. Good idea!! If Vera won't voluntarily give up the control, force it from her! 8)

I’ll try that tonight…

JOD.

Stealing primary control from V3L went OK.
Using a V2 along with the Copy Z-Wave network from a master controller also went OK.
All my devices are now on the Aeon.

The problem is:
Due to not using a Vera to transfer primary…
The device names did not transfer.
The device numbers are not the same as they were on V3L.
And, the devices obviously don’t get assigned to the rooms they were in from V3L.

Back to square one.
Obviously the port assignment gets saved in the backup, is it possible to open the backup file and manipulate it to point to a USB port?

JOD.