Vera2 Advanced Network Configuration error

Hi all,

Before the firmware update , I was able to change the advanced configuration.
http://192.168.0.105/cgi-bin/webif/info.sh

after I installed the last firmware update “1.1.1047” I get an internal server error. As a result , I cannot view Vera from a UPnP browser (device Spy) , and for some reason , iVera cannot work locally anymore.

Anyone is having the same issue? is there any workaround?

Thanks

I’m having exactly the same issue. So far not solved :frowning:

I too have the same issue.

Its broken in 1.1.1047, hopefully they’ll release the new software soon that fixes it.

Is there any workaround until the new fix?

Just updated to UI4, finally, and am having this error. It seems basic and needs to get fixed. Anyone heard anything?

What version of UI4 are you running? Its working in mine.

If you are not running 1.1.186 then you should update.

any progress on this. Kind of need to be able to set SSH password

[quote=“markbannister, post:8, topic:167349”]any progress on this. Kind of need to be able to set SSH password[/quote]Can you get to the advanced page?

Also, did you migrate from a V1 to a V2 at any point? If you did then the password will be your V1 password.

Best thing to do is to put in a support ticket!

http://192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/webif/info.sh results in: 500 - Internal Server Error
This is a Vera 2 using UI4 1.1.1047
I have an old Vera 1 as a slave running same firmware and it does not give an error.
I don’t recall ever setting a password for this unit for SSH (have no record of it anyway)

Didnt MCV make changes to the V2 build to where you can no longer get in through the Advanced Config. ???
The PW is on the bottom of Vera if its a new / clean build and not a backup restore from another machine.

JOD.

So I think the page being unavailable was a known problem with 1047 (either that or 1062 and 1047)

You should update to the latest release as this was fixed many versions back!

[quote=“JOD, post:11, topic:167349”]Didnt MCV make changes to the V2 build to where you can no longer get in through the Advanced Config. ???
The PW is on the bottom of Vera if its a new / clean build and not a backup restore from another machine.

JOD.[/quote]No it was just broken for a while, maybe you are referring to this or the fact they added a warning message?!

OK, updated to 1.1.1245 (thought I had the latest) and it seems to work now…

Not so fast.
Change the password and now I can’t log in, not with the new password and not with original. I cut and pasted password so while there may be an error it would be difficult…
I don’t guess there is an easy way to reset it?

No it was just broken for a while, maybe you are referring to this or the fact they added a warning message?!
Broken for a while is a better way of saying accidental change and change back huh… I’m glad you’re keeping track; .1047 seems so long ago.

@markbannister,
Have you tried the copy paste again? I dont believe there is ANY way of recovering it. To reset it, I think you would need to flash the box.

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:16, topic:167349”]@markbannister,
Have you tried the copy paste again? I dont believe there is ANY way of recovering it. To reset it, I think you would need to flash the box.

JOD.[/quote]
Yes and every combination of error I can think of. I did have special characters in it, #>T1MWa’x8Dv, maybe it didn’t like them…?

I think restoring your last backup (the one prior to changing the password) should restore it. If you didn’t do one recently, then you should be able to grab it from cp.mios.com

[quote=“JOD, post:16, topic:167349”]I’m glad you’re keeping track; .1047 seems so long ago.

JOD.[/quote]It was, or maybe it wasn’t, and 6 months of playing with this thing, seems like a lifetime that can age any man rapidly (even us genetically superior carrot crunchers) :slight_smile:

That did the trick. Thank you much.