vera will reload to validate the changes...

It’s not defined ion the plugin. I believe that it’s a configuration problem in the Vera firmware. I’m not sure but I believe that it goes something like this: The plugin asks the Vera web server what port it should use. Vera responds with the port number which unfortunately Vera also blocks.

I am really getting fed up with the vera. Everytime I’m just going to do a 5-minute update of something, one gets stuck for ours with problems that ends up to be “oh, that doesn’t work”. Rubbish, is what it is. Autocreate on/off doesn’t work, deleting devices doesn’t work, not even ADDING DEVICES!!!. How hard can it be? Clearly autocreate On/off didn’t work last time either. So now my vera is filled up with unknown devices. And I have to go in on each and every one and delete them manually one by one? And now it isn’t even possible to do something so basic as to add a new device, and it’s been like this for at least a month, and nothing is happening from Vera to fix such a blunt bug? Really? Can I get my money back please!!!

[quote=“tinman, post:11, topic:197402”]I’ve spent some time trying to find out the source of this problem. No luck so far but I have some suggestions for possible work-arounds. To enable or disable AutoCreate, change the setting in the variables for the RFXtrx transceiver device. You can do this in the Advanced tab page the device by selecting the Variables tab. Click on the Edit link (this is new in the latest Vera firmware) for the AutoCreate variable. Set it to 1 to enable AutoCreate or to 0 to disable it.
Deleting device from the RFXtrx Managed Devices page doesn’t work but you can delete them individually from the Vera Devices page. For each device click on the ‘>’ to show the device details and at the lower right click on the Delete Device button.
I’ll continue to look into these problems as time permits. Right now doing some work on my house that I have to finish before the cold weather sets in.[/quote]

This is a functioning workaround for autocreate on/off. I ended up going to the previous FW build, and i’m staying here until the next one comes, skipping .3232 (for vera plus) all together.

I downgraded to 3231, 3014 and 2139, same issue will all three. No adding, no deleting, no switching autocreate on/off. And no fixes from Vera. Rubbish!

wow. I went to 1.7.3015, and all of that works fine.

Where can I find a 3015 firmware link for download?

Best open a ticket and have CS do it.
Ask them when they will have a fix for this as well, I’m in need of this updated FW but can’t do it until they fix the bug.

[quote=“Forzaalfa, post:19, topic:197402”]I just downgraded to the previous using this link: http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs

Everything is fine now, don’t think i need many of the improvements in 3232 now, so i’ll hold til the next one.[/quote]

I have just one question related to downgrade.

Can a datamine date stored on external USB be affected using this downgrade?

Do you need to restore some data after downgrade? is it mandatory?

I have found a firmware change will “break” Datamine in the sense that the app does not link to the old data including any channels you are monitoring. That is the main reason I have not updated lately.

This is a huge regression and no response yet?

My poking around has shown that the “data requests” can also be sent to the vera on port 3480. The problem I am seeing is that the web interface for some plugins makes use of the command_url javascript variable for AJAX requests. More poking around seems to indicate that in web ui at least, you should use the data_command_url var…

Lack of Datamine hostory is a blocking point for downgrade. Any news when new software will be released?

Good news. Problem resolved.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52229.0.html

“Vera reload…still exist”, but at least new manually created devices are fully operational.

Auto creation works also OK.

Having the same problem as the people listed above in that I cannot add any Lightwave switch/dimmers to my Vera Edge and I am getting CROSS.
Have tried the workaround for AutoCreate and at least now the button says that AutoCreate is ON but that hasn’t helped in actually creating a new device.
So now I am prepared to go for reloading another version of the Firmware BUT I have no idea what I’m doing. !!
Have downloaded the link http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs so what do I do with it ?
Sorry to appear so stupid but I come from a time when things had switches and buttons that worked - nobody asked me to get inside the damn boxes and re-route all the wires [-(

^^^
Go to Settings>Firmware and you will see the window for the download link.

Have attempted to upload the firmware version at http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs
but get an error message stating: Wrong firmware for current platform: Vera4Lite. Intended for mt7621
Is there something else I should be doing ?

Anyone know if Vera or the developer of the plugin will be able to fix this? So many good functions are unavailable… :-\ I know the auto create is available, but i need to change a sensor from light to motion… When i do i get the message in the topic, and nothing happens.

Forgive me but I don’t understand the problem you are describing. The problem that started this thread has been resolved by the files given in the thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52229.0.html
AFAIK the RFXtrx plugin is working as it should.

Good! I misread then, I thought that only fixed a small part of the problem. I will test it tonight. Thanks. :relaxed:

All function is re-established. Thanks for the update, you programmer guy(s?) that keep the Vera in the game. :grin:

Unimportant side question: how come this very good plug in is not in the mios app store?