Vera - Variable Web Widget (html/php)

Hi

Please could someone help me make the following value …

http://192.168.1.234:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=237&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1&Variable=CurrentTemperature&output_format=json

… Into something that I could add some text like room name and make it all look pretty on a web page?

This will also help me to integrate more with Panic’s Status Board (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=31204.0)

I’ve found some code online that presents it how I would like it to look (as it will be overplayed on a black background) but can’t work out what needs to change to show values from Vera.

[code]

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
        @font-face
        {
            font-family: "Roadgeek2005SeriesD";
        src: url("/fonts/Roadgeek 2005 Series D.otf");
        }
        body, *
        {
        }
        body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,form,fieldset,input,textarea,p,blockquote,th,td
        {
            margin: 0;
            padding: 0;
        }
        fieldset,img
        {
            border: 0;
        }
        /* Settin' up the page */
        html, body, #main
        {
            overflow: hidden; /* */
        }
        body
        {
            color: white;
            font-family: 'Roadgeek2005SeriesD', sans-serif;
            font-size: 20px;
            line-height: 24px;
        }
        body, html, #main
        {
            background: transparent !important;
        }
        #spacepeopleContainer
        {
            width: 250px;
            height: 250px;
            text-align: center;
            background-size: 250px 187px;
        }
        #spacepeopleContainer *
        {
            font-weight: normal;
        }
        h1
        {
            font-size: 120px;
            line-height: 120px;
            margin-top: 15px;
            margin-bottom: 28px;
            color: white;
            text-shadow:0px -2px 0px black;
            text-transform: uppercase;
        }
        h2
        {
            width: 180px;
            margin: 0px auto;
            padding-top: 24px;
            font-size: 16px;
            line-height: 18px;
            color: #7e7e7e;
            text-transform: uppercase;
        }
        #month {
            font-size: 36px;
            color: rgba(0, 108, 230, 1);
        }
        h3#dow
        {
            width: 180px;
            margin: 0px auto;
            padding-top: 20px;
            font-size: 24px;
            line-height: 16px;
            color: rgba(241, 42, 22, 1);
            font-weight: normal;
        }
    </style>

</head>

<body onload="updateCal()">
    <div id="main">

<div id="spacepeopleContainer">

<h3 id="dow"></h3>
            <h2 id="month"></h2>
            <h1 id="day"></h1>

</div><!-- spacepeopleContainer -->

</div><!-- main -->
</body>
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" async defer>
        function updateCal() {
            var weekday = new Array('Sunday', 'Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', 'Saturday');
            var months = new Array('January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December');
            var todayObj = new Date();
            var docDow = document.getElementById("dow")
            var docMonth = document.getElementById("month")
            var docDay = document.getElementById("day")
            docDow.innerHTML = weekday[todayObj.getDay()];
            docMonth.innerHTML = months[todayObj.getMonth()];
            docDay.innerHTML = todayObj.getDate();
        }
    </script>
[/code]

I’ve tried to manipulate the body and script section (the above is still the original) but I can’t get anything to work. (I’m not a programmer)

This was my failed attempt - any ideas?

[code]

[/code]

If anyone is able to help more, I found this within the forum which was posted by @TisDone (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12883.msg94933.html#msg94933) as example of an individual control link to turn something on or off via a web widget that he got working…

It would be great to have some on/off widgets as well. :wink:

<li><b>Theremin:</b>    <a href="#" onclick="miosExecute(12,1)">On</a> <a href="#" onclick="miosExecute(12,0)">Off</a></li>

miosExcute() is a javascript function defined within the section of his webpage:

<script type="text/javascript">
	function miosExecute(DeviceNum,Requested) {
		$.get("http://10.46.1.6:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum="+DeviceNum+"&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue="+Requested);

return false;
	}
</script>

This is not an introduction type of problem …
There is a LOT of details to discuss how to solve this problem.
Much beyond the typical scope of this forum.

It’s a much simpler problem to cause a change on Vera … then it is to get the status of something on Vera and display it in your web page.

You could write a scene which contains luup code to build a web page on the vera web server then read that page in browser or status board, that’s what I’m doing for my last triggered time status board.
|-<:)

Thanks @RTS

I had a feeling changing things was going to be difficult :wink:

My focus is to have some web widgets/panels that show basics status information and as I can get those value with a direct http request call, it would be good to be able to format them so they could work in a panel/widget .

[quote=“prophead, post:6, topic:193192”]You could write a scene which contains luup code to build a web page on the vera web server then read that page in browser or status board, that’s what I’m doing for my last triggered time status board.
|-<:)[/quote]

Hey @prophead thanks - I’m not a programmer, but I do what I can to work stuff out from examples I find online :slight_smile:

Are you are able to share more on the lua code you use for your status board ? I just assumed if I wanted to show e.g the house temperature, it would be easier just to call that standard http request and just format the result…

With the firmware in a “transition” state lua code cannot at the moment use % symbols, which I need in my code to do it right. I have some stopgap code which works around this issue, but it’s ugly. My stopgap is about twice as big as it should be if I could write lua right. I’ll package it up later for you, but it’s ugly. Once the firmware issue is resolved and code can save with %'s again, I’ll clean it up.

This is set to run every 10 minutes.

[quote=“parkerc, post:8, topic:193192”][quote=“prophead, post:6, topic:193192”]You could write a scene which contains luup code to build a web page on the vera web server then read that page in browser or status board, that’s what I’m doing for my last triggered time status board.

Hey @prophead thanks - I’m not a programmer, but I do what I can to work stuff out from examples I find online :slight_smile:

Are you are able to share more on the lua code you use for your status board ? I just assumed if I wanted to show e.g the house temperature, it would be easier just to call that standard http request and just format the result…[/quote]

Please see UGLY code attached. But, hey, it works, and could at least show you my method.

[quote=“parkerc, post:8, topic:193192”][quote=“prophead, post:6, topic:193192”]You could write a scene which contains luup code to build a web page on the vera web server then read that page in browser or status board, that’s what I’m doing for my last triggered time status board.

Are you are able to share more on the lua code you use for your status board ? I just assumed if I wanted to show e.g the house temperature, it would be easier just to call that standard http request and just format the result…[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that @prophead.

Can you think of a way we could incorporate the things you’ve done with this template on GitHub - so it follows the same look and feel of other Status Boards?

The above template looks like it creates a table too - so if there is a way to write information to that (or create the whole thing each time) that would be a nice looking widget/panel ?

Now that Vera has FINALLY fixed the % encoding bug here is the less ugly code I promised for last tripped time table generation for status board.