Vera RMA --> Is this the procedure?

After I opened a support request, the response was that the unit needed to be sent back and another unit will then be shipped to me after mine is received. My reply was to ask them to 1) please provide me with instructions on what to do (just disconnect it?) and 2) how long will I be without the unit? It’s been over a week and there hasn’t been a response from Vera.

These units become integral to your home (or business) so my questions are, why can’t you ship the replacement first? And why isn’t it that there are no instructions - or is it just that easy (unplug, box and send back - then plug the new unit in and resume operations)?

Vera → Can you please answer the questions for me? Thank you

normally an RMA comes with a form that u need to send back with the unit. its an exchange so before they can send a unit u first need to give yours for trade.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had to go through this process. They allowed me to purchase a new unit, send the old unit back. When they received the old unit I got a refund.

They also paid for shipping. I am not sure this is typical but they sent me another credit for it down the line. I believe it may have had something to do with my issue being a known issue they failed to identify until AFTER I had spent 8 hours on the phone with them, bought a new unit, shipped them my old one.

Thank you but I’m familiar with how an RMA works. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Inzax, post:3, topic:199759”]I had to go through this process. They allowed me to purchase a new unit, send the old unit back. When they received the old unit I got a refund.

They also paid for shipping. I am not sure this is typical but they sent me another credit for it down the line. I believe it may have had something to do with my issue being a known issue they failed to identify until AFTER I had spent 8 hours on the phone with them, bought a new unit, shipped them my old one.[/quote]

I totally understand why you had to do that! Wondering if they would just send me another first rather than having to shell out $300 and wait for a refund. I can’t imagine our place running without it - we’ve had it since day 1 in this house. Thank you for your response. (Hoping someone from VERA responds eventually - LOL)

Yeah…I tried to get them to do that. They just wouldn’t. My RMA unit had some functionality so I could wait for the new order, put it in place, send the old one in for the eventual refund.

I will say they were quick with the refund.

Hello gniknalu,

Please note that I have send you an email so we can sort out the RMA procedure with you. We’ll try our best to speed out the process.

Thank you and Have a nice day,

[quote=“Cristina, post:7, topic:199759”]Please note that I have send you an email so we can sort out the RMA procedure with you. We’ll try our best to speed out the process.

Thank you and Have a nice day,[/quote]

Hello Cristina,

I have not had a response to my August 22 email questions. Feel free to PM me here if you need to get the RMA Number.

Thank you for your response.

[quote=“gniknalu, post:8, topic:199759”]Hello Cristina,

I have not had a response to my August 22 email questions. Feel free to PM me here if you need to get the RMA Number.

Thank you for your response.[/quote]

Ello,

I PMed you, please check it out, get back to us with the requested information so we could get this sorted asap.

If you have any questions or need assistance with any other thing/s(Vera related, let’s keep it on home ground) please feel free to email us at “support@getvera.com” or you can PM me if it feels better.

Cheers!

[quote=“Ionut S, post:9, topic:199759”]Ello,

I PMed you, please check it out, get back to us with the requested information so we could get this sorted asap.

If you have any questions or need assistance with any other thing/s(Vera related, let’s keep it on home ground) please feel free to email us at “support@getvera.com” or you can PM me if it feels better.

Cheers![/quote]

Responded.

Thank you

[quote=“gniknalu, post:10, topic:199759”]Responded.

Thank you[/quote]

Thank you for being prompt. We’ve forwarded (this will speed up the process) it to our team handling this kind of cases, they should get in touch with you shortly.

Apologizes for any inconvenience that this process may have created, we should get it sorted out asap.

Have a good one!

[quote=“Ionut S, post:11, topic:199759”]Thank you for being prompt. We’ve forwarded (this will speed up the process) it to our team handling this kind of cases, they should get in touch with you shortly.

Apologizes for any inconvenience that this process may have created, we should get it sorted out asap.

Have a good one![/quote]

Thank You for helping with this matter. As I mentioned, it is difficult to imagine the house running without this. All the automation - lights on, doors locked, motion sensor alerts, etc. Looking forward to what awaits in their response. Thanks again! You have a good one too!

[quote=“Ionut S, post:11, topic:199759”]Thank you for being prompt. We’ve forwarded (this will speed up the process) it to our team handling this kind of cases, they should get in touch with you shortly.

Have a good one![/quote]

They responded just as you said. They asked me a couple of questions. I needed to ask a question in return. I have not heard back since last week.

Also there has not been any discussion on instructions - what to do before, during and afterwards - as I mentioned earlier, do I just unplug the old and plug in the new?

Thank you

[quote=“gniknalu, post:13, topic:199759”]They responded just as you said. They asked me a couple of questions. I needed to ask a question in return. I have not heard back since last week.

Also there has not been any discussion on instructions - what to do before, during and afterwards - as I mentioned earlier, do I just unplug the old and plug in the new?

Thank you[/quote]

We’ve had a little “Stock outage” and orders/replacements have been delayed. We will get back on track pretty soon and we will able to deliver normally. However, getting back to your case, a refurbished unit is a Software Defective unit that we managed to repair, the unit had no hardware parts replaced. Usually units that are sent back are tested and if we are able to fix them (Software Only, we do not touch the Hardware part, unless is a Power Adapter change) and they are functional we could offer them in special conditions only.

Please keep an eye on your email address as we’ve pushed this to our returns team and they will get back to you with an update asap.

Sorry to have you waiting all this time, we are getting this done.

Cheers!

[quote=“Ionut S, post:14, topic:199759”]We’ve had a little “Stock outage” and orders/replacements have been delayed. We will get back on track pretty soon and we will able to deliver normally. However, getting back to your case, a refurbished unit is a Software Defective unit that we managed to repair, the unit had no hardware parts replaced. Usually units that are sent back are tested and if we are able to fix them (Software Only, we do not touch the Hardware part, unless is a Power Adapter change) and they are functional we could offer them in special conditions only.

Please keep an eye on your email address as we’ve pushed this to our returns team and they will get back to you with an update asap.

Sorry to have you waiting all this time, we are getting this done.

Cheers![/quote]

Thank you kindly for your response and I will keep an eye on the email with which this originated (not the one in this forum - LOL). Meanwhile now my Cellular light is blinking (another thread). It’s falling apart but I can wait. Thanks again