Vera Opening My Garages by itself...Not good!!

That is really nice, wow!

Since you are having a look at that app, having another option for flashing lights or sounding a buzzer prior to energizing the relay to open/close the door would be a nice-to-have, too.

I know I could do it with PLEG, but I don’t think I can with the native open/close button on your app.

Not that I’m dissatisfied with what I have now…

@ShawnInFL
I have release 2.0 for Audit.
It has a new parameter DoorSwitchPulseTime in the Advanced tab … It defaults to 2 seconds. Same as the previously hard coded version.

@Bulldoglowell
I decided against this … for a couple of reasons …
If I add a pre-event … with a delayed lock … then I would probably need a cancel lock option as well.
Since I have no idea what device to call … it could only be a trigger.
None of this really has anything to do with the Lock paradigm … But about the logic prior to actually engaging the lock.
As such I believe PLEG or LUA is the right choice for this.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:22, topic:180456”]@ShawnInFL
I have release 2.0 for Audit.
It has a new parameter DoorSwitchPulseTime in the Advanced tab … It defaults to 2 seconds. Same as the previously hard coded version.

@Bulldoglowell
I decided against this … for a couple of reasons …
If I add a pre-event … with a delayed lock … then I would probably need a cancel lock option as well.
Since I have no idea what device to call … it could only be a trigger.
None of this really has anything to do with the Lock paradigm … But about the logic prior to actually engaging the lock.
As such I believe PLEG or LUA is the right choice for this.[/quote]

Understood, thanks for your consideration. I’m happy you took care of ShawnInFL. :slight_smile:

@Bulldoglowell
Note: That you can do a device Property on the Target property of the Door Switch to get an indication that the door is commanded to move.

Right, thanks

I’ll experiment with that.

I just have the fear that a door may come down on a car backing out.

One of our most used and appreciated apps… Thanks again.

Most garage doors have the option for light and light beam sensors to protect the door. Any interruption will reverse the motor and lockout the motor for a few seconds.
This could be a problem if you have a vehicle that is only inches below the Garage door when raised.

I would not be opposed to adding a safety lockout … i.e. the door can’t be closed until some user defined time after the door is opened.

Let me try with PLEG. It’s easy enough to do, I’ve just been procrastinating putting that in.

By the way, did you ever get to build that power meter with arduino?

Is all of this proposed modification really necessary, or is this feature creep/bloat? I question the necessity when it seems to be a single use case.

I know, I know. ‘It’s only two lines of code.’ ‘It’s only a variable.’ But it all adds up and Vera Lites are tight for memory.

Is all of this proposed modification really necessary, or is this feature creep/bloat? I question the necessity when it seems to be a single use case.

I know, I know. ‘It’s only two lines of code.’ ‘It’s only a variable.’ But it all adds up and Vera Lites are tight for memory.[/quote]

If one needs it and speaks up, my guess, there are many more that will appreciate it :o) I sure do and gadget folks like us…well…options are always good :o)

Hey Richard,

I updated my garage door open app to the revised 2.0…I can now see the option for delay of the switch…
Sadly, for large roll up garage doors that require three buttons…UP/STOP/DOWN…
The addition of this this field alone does not help for using the garage door app.
You see, the UP motion requires a single pulse to open…
Then, the DOWN motion requires a separate switch which must remain in contact for extended stretch.

Meaning, a 2 sec pulse is great to trigger the up motion but when I tell the garage to roll down, I must manually hold the down button for about 20 sec.
Was thinking the update would have the option for both switches…UP and DOWN motion…as well as the delay variable.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much,
Shawn

That’s how my garage doors are setup.
So I use an ITach relay to close the contacts on a wireless remote remote control for the garage door.
You could use a Zwave relay as well.

With the wireless remote control you do not have to worry about all three buttons.

I currently have two relays and no wireless remote…guess I will just stick with the scenes as I always have…oh well…

Thanks anyway

Did you open it up to see if there is a radio in there?

Haven’t yet…I don’t remember seeing one last time I was in it…there is no button on the back like a traditional opener would have…Will let ya know next time I’m up there…Its very high up and sketchy with the ladders I have. Have to do some stupid/risky stuff to get up that high

Keep ya posted…

[quote=“ShawnInFL, post:34, topic:180456”]Haven’t yet…I don’t remember seeing one last time I was in it…there is no button on the back like a traditional opener would have…Will let ya know next time I’m up there…Its very high up and sketchy with the ladders I have. Have to do some stupid/risky stuff to get up that high

Keep ya posted…[/quote]

Be sure to aim cameras appropriately and how long should we give you without a reply until we send help? LOL

NICE!! I do have one in the garage that covers it…LOL
I also have a great Physical Therapist :stuck_out_tongue:

For my Liftmaster … the button to learn is inside. You have to take off the cover to access it.
Loosen 3 screws … take out 1 (1/4 hex nut screw driver is perfect!)

Will take a deeper look…this one is an Overhead Door brand…I was behind the panel with the PC board setting limit switches when we first moved in to resolve an issue. Don’t remember seeing learn switch but could have simply not been looking for it.

Thanks Richard…keep ya posted.