Vera Official IFTTT Integration ( BETA )

There’s a list of prohibited items here, about a quarter of the way down. http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2862046-step-by-step-pairing-instructions?b_id=712&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Mailchimp&utm_campaign=IFTTT%20Beta&utm_content=IFTTT%20Beta_Instructions

Why is there such a list anyway ?

What will be the release date for IFTTT in Vera integration ?
Thanks

Since IFFT doesnt allow door locks , I technically would still have to use LUA or PLEG to write code to keep my door from locking if the door sensor is in the open position?

I cant wait to get in on this beta. Hopefully those that aren’t actively using it let Vera know so others can participate.

Hopefully this will allow me to link my vera modes the my alarm.com armed status and then use vera to set the appropriate blue iris profile. I cant explain how stoked I will be for that to happen, because it wont require any action from the wifey other than arming or disarming the alarm.

none of the changes are particularly time sensitive, so this is a great use case for IFTTT.

If anyone else has this combo at home, and is a beta participant, I’d love to know if you got this setup and working.

It looks like Vera is finally catching up with the competition. Google home, Amazon Echo and now IFTTT. Heading in the right direction. I, myself, prefer to wait the final version, but am glad to see that there is a future on this platform. I was almost giving up on Vera.

Hope the plugins start to work like they should (philips hue, harmony etc) so we have a solid product and Vera a solid future.

Is Ifft beta live for everyone or just a chosen few?
If I can start using the beta where do I freaking Sign up!! LOL

IFTTT limits betas to 25 participants. There is a link to the waiting list in the first post of this thread.

[quote=“pittpasc, post:23, topic:196983”]What will be the release date for IFTTT in Vera integration ?
Thanks[/quote]
+1

We don’t want to raise false expectations but we hope to have IFTTT out in Q1 2018. More details will be available around this time frame.

John I am in the beta. everything I tried works fine but the functionality is quite limited ( no triggers ) and I have seen no communication whatsoever about other features to be added before the official release. is there any communication I missed ? or is the plan to release the same feature set that what is just available today in the beta ?

I am soon releasing a feature in ALTUI to integrate with IFTTT webhook.
with this, a simple variable change will trigger the IFTTT event and then you do whatever you want with it ( like recording the variable changes in a google sheet etc … )

cf http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35860.msg335705.html#msg335705

is this beta program still active ?

I have signed up for the waiting list, are all users active?
Any news?

[quote=“paros”]I have signed up for the waiting list, are all users active?
Any news?[/quote]Same here, would be great to hear something about it.

[quote=“bestermanus, post:5, topic:196983”]in beta, work fine here too.

If say turn on TV (google home), then turn on TV (Harmony)

My dream comes true… Thanks Micasaverde. ;)[/quote]

So I understand correctly, are you somehow using Vera to accomplish this? (For a while now, I’ve been doing this without Vera in the loop at all.)

Thanks.

Any update on the ifttt integration going mainstream?

The silence here is deafening. Will we be seeing IFTTT integration soon? We kind of need it to further the capabiliies.

indeed it is a must have for me and I am eager to hear some roadmap/date as we have been in beta for a long time now.
I use it all the time with google home and it is really great ( despite the limitation I listed earlier like triggers or using IFTTT ingredients)

I’ll put my 2 cents in hoping the activity will create a response from MCV. I started looking at IFTTT and now have a few applets running. I can now see where I could get quit a bit of additional usage with other services not connected to Vera yet such as a motion sensor and Ring video doorbell.

Oddly, for anyone using MyQ, I was very disappointed to see that you had to pay in order to utilize IFTTT with MyQ.