Vera notifications possible issues

So, to finally answer your question:
I DO GET AN EMAIL when a (armed) Sensor trips during Night Mode, for which I asked Vera to send me an Alert. So it’s working for me.
No SMS, however.

NOTE: All of this testing was conducted via the Web UI, not a mobile device. Yet I notice the poll references Android/iOS, so I’m opening the Android (beta) version of VeraMobile™ and will test.

UPDATE: I notice that the sensor “Trip” event is logged under “Alerts” in VeraMobile™, AND a corresponding “Push Notification” DID appear on my phone!

1 Like

I have not tested email/sms notifs just push. Will test those later today. Try this as well WITHOUT logging into your vera, go to the local IP and have a look at the names listed under the modes tab for the users to be notified. Then log in and view that same list again. For me the names show up correctly when I’m NOT logged in, but when I am logged in they all show up as ‘Pabla’ (my last name).

1 Like

Testing complete. All things working for me, including Push Notifications when an armed sensor trips during the appropriate House Mode.

1 Like

Here are my limits

1 Like

What device are you testing push notifs for iOS or android? have you tried with other users because I am able to receive them, just not the other users.

Confirmed: When NOT logged in, Vera shows my username as my First Name (that is correct and expected).
When LOGGED in, however, she displays my username as my Last Name (which although technically correct – it is my last name, after all – it’s unexpected and unwanted).

@Sorin, bug report??

I’d love to try with others users, but as mentioned above, Vera won’t allow me to add more users, for various idiotic “reasons” – my favorite of which has to be “Username/email already exists” (when my “Other Users” list is literally empty!). :-/

Now something very weird is happening… the last names are showing for some users but not for all. I just logged back into my account and now the names are ALL showing up correctly???

Edit: With a refresh of the page I’m back to 3/5 users showing up with their last name

EDIT: Why can I edit Pabla’s post? That seems odd! (Sorry, Pabla!) :frowning:
@Sorin, why am I able to edit this post when it’s not my own?

1 Like

Are all of your “Notification Settings” checked in your Vera > Settings area??

Also the avatar changes from one person (local) to a group of three (logged in)?

1 Like

Yeah all settings are the exact same across the users

FYI as a ‘regular’ and ‘leader’ you’re able to edit anyones post

I believe that usernames are unique across all users of Vera. Not just your device. Fairly sure I hit that as well.

C

1 Like

Good to know, although there’s no way in heck that someone had already claimed the test name I was attempting to add, lol. I fear that the system is rejecting it solely because I tried (and failed) to add it earlier today.

UPDATE: Finally, I was able to add a new user! I think it came down to choosing an obscure email address/domain that differs substantially from any I’ve used in the past in the Vera ecosystem. I then received the Email Verification message and successfully completed the registration process.

NOTE: New users are required to “Agree” to a lengthy set of Terms & Conditions (see attached) upon first logging into the authorized Vera controller.
Vera User - Agree to Terms & Conditions.pdf (81.6 KB)
followed by several sets of Privacy Policies and User Agreements!

Interestingly, a “Notification-Only” user – such as the one I just established – encounters the following “Restricted” message upon attempting to login to Vera…

1 Like

Ha, “Leader”. Don’t like having that power tho’. Thx for letting me know.

Maybe you tried and succeeded…

C

1 Like

So, guys… does your Vera always restart (Luup reload) whenever you add a New User? Seems mine insists on doing so, and it’s obnoxious.

Adding this to the growing list of potential causes of Luup reloads.

Yes mine does

1 Like

Okay… puff, puff, puff… I can finally report – after all the SNAFUs and hassles involved in adding a secondary user to my setup – that indeed both I and the “Notifications Only” other user DO RECEIVE AN EMAIL when an armed sensor trips during the assigned House Mode.

That’s it. I’m out!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The issue is about push notifications though :wink:

Other than the one (successful) trial I made with push notifications, described above, I am unsure how I’d go about testing that for different users. Got suggestions?