Vera Edge / UI7 not setting correct date / time

I was quite amused this morning to look at my UI7 display and see the message attached…

Logging in with [tt]ssh[/tt] I find:

# date
Sat Jan 16 07:36:30 GMT 2027

I know that historically Veras have been intermittent in picking up the right time, but this is a bit extreme.

Thoughts anyone?

LOL, Maybe it took a trip… :stuck_out_tongue:

# date Sat Jan 16 07:36:30 GMT 2027

Could it be due to that TimeMachine plugin you’ve been writing?

You could try a power cycle. But since you’re already SSHed in, I’d try:
rdate -s 0.uk.pool.ntp.org

If you get connection refused retry. If needed change the server to 1.uk.pool.ntp.org or 2.uk.pool.ntp.org

Hi there,

Can you please try to enable tech support on your Vera unit and pass us the access code through an email to support@getvera.com ?

Customers feedback is very important to us. And if such an issue is discovered, we will gladly take a look on it. If it’s a general bug that is possible to affect other customers also, and will work on a fix immediately. If it’s only a local problem we will address that too, asap.

Thank you.

[quote=“mcv.johnm, post:5, topic:185670”]Can you please try to enable tech support on your Vera unit and pass us the access code through an email to support@getvera.com ?

Customers feedback is very important to us. And if such an issue is discovered, we will gladly take a look on it. If it’s a general bug that is possible to affect other customers also, and will work on a fix immediately. If it’s only a local problem we will address that too, asap.[/quote]

Now that is what I call proactive customer support, and I take my hat off to you all if this is how things are going to be from here on.

Tech support enabled and email sent!