Vera discontinued at SmartHome ?

I can assure that the chipset will or has changed. The current platform is old.
I worry about the growing pains as Vera still need to be polished. Several items still do not work.

Hi everyone,

We are a young company with big goals as you probably noticed. We won’t stop, especially if the HW we’re building Vera on won’t be in production anymore. And indeed, you’ll see some major changes in the following months, a lot of them actually, which we hope you will be please with.

MCV,

Can we expect some announcements @ CES or in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks!

I suspect life has settled down a wee bit too much for @Jacobly. Perhaps he misses the “excitement” we enjoyed when, every day, we’d download a new version of the beta to see what new features had been added and which old features had been broken. Ah, they were fun times. Things are so stable now that I hardly know what to do with my spare time!

@CMRancho, funny :slight_smile:

Anyway, I think MCV got bitten and fed up by all the inpatient people accusing them of false advertisement and lies!! Lots of harsh words were said, when people expected so much out of Vera, because it was promised and even implied by the promo video, that all those features, like IR, X10, Insteon, Z-Wave power strip, energy monitoring etc. etc. were available or will be available very soon…

So, now MCV takes another approach - don’t say anything at all until the feature is completed and is part of the new firmware announcement… Total secrecy for a while and then surprise!

I don’t blame them for becoming more cautious, but I don’t think this extreme secrecy is very good and some sort of update of what’s going on and what’s being developed/fixed should be properly worded and “leaked” to the public :slight_smile:

But regardless of that, I wish MCV (and all of us users) Happy Holidays and Prosperity in the New Year!!!

Hi,

We are not secretly at all. The forum/wiki and bug tracker page shows this. We simply cannot release yet a new (even test version) of the firmware because will cause you, customers, lots of trouble. However, by the end of the week we want to release a firmware and see how’s that working.

All the features in the promo video, Insteon, X10, IR works even now. Needs to be improved a little and we’re working hard on it, trust me. Meanwhile, we try to offer you the best support with your existing problems. If not, let us know, we will try to improve our support service.

So, feel free to open a new topic and make suggestions, complains, how you want to support to be handled, etc. Any advise is welcomed and will help us improve the customer support.

Thank you!

First of all, thanks for your reply!

Second, I guess you missed the point - I practically live on the forum and often re-read the wiki, so I believe I see at least some part of a bigger picture… :slight_smile: I see lots of angry people trying to get a simple answer whether one or another bug will be fixed any time soon. I totally understand that you are short-handed and you cannot be at all the places at the same time - fixing bugs, implementing new features, answering forum, tech support, updating wikis etc.

What I meant by being secret is keeping us, your loyal customers, in the dark and not updating on what’s going on, what’s being worked on, what new features to expect (although some people would take this for granted and demand those to be perfect at the first shot :)) etc. etc. It’s not clear even from the bug tracker of what bugs were addressed and will be part of the next firmware release.

Basically, I really appreciate your effort of periodically replying to forum posts/questions. But in many cases it sounds just the same again and again - “yes, we are working on this and that, yes, this will be supported in the future, but there is no ETA”. And I have seen your other replies from today, where you estimate something to be available in 1-2 weeks… :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not actually complaining, as my Vera for the most part works just fine… :slight_smile:

Just to prove my point - only now, about one week before the release, we are getting all the juicy details of what you were working on for the past several months and what to expect from the release:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2951.0

Your hard work is greatly appreciated! Looks like there are many new great features, some of which are quite big. But in comparison, you were more open when working on the Luup last year… Although, we (users) kept bothering you with one question - When? :slight_smile: So, now you are more careful (won’t use word “secret” here) of promising anything big too early… :slight_smile:

[quote author=shady link=topic=2924.msg11483#msg11483 date=1261331313]
Another point, just a week or so ago Vera was labeled on their website as a Best Seller. Definitely, thank you for the heads-up though. I don’t think there is reason to worry that either MCV or Vera is going anywhere. Especially since Vera is mostly software and the release of the iPhone/iTouch app is just around the corner.

Just what exactly does “around the corner” mean? 1 week? Two weeks? 1 month?

Getting back to the original post, it does seem to be available?!

http://www.smarthome.com/1370/Vera-Z-Wave-Web-Enabled-Automation-Controller/p.aspx

[quote author=legend99 link=topic=2924.msg11946#msg11946 date=1263240332]

[quote=“shady, post:3, topic:165313”]Another point, just a week or so ago Vera was labeled on their website as a Best Seller. Definitely, thank you for the heads-up though. I don’t think there is reason to worry that either MCV or Vera is going anywhere. Especially since Vera is mostly software and the release of the iPhone/iTouch app is just around the corner.

Just what exactly does “around the corner” mean? 1 week? Two weeks? 1 month?[/quote]

Around the corner means… well, as a Jamaican might say “Soon come”. If I had to guess I’d say a month (I’m not sure how long it will take Apple to get it up on the app store), but the app is essentially ready to go with just some last minute tweaks being done. The fact that DotControl is such a stable and reliable app made this whole process much faster than it could have been for such an enterprising offering.

@strangely - it is available now as MCV said there were some supply shortages to Smart Home and they don’t label items as out of stock when that happens