Vera beginning to poop out? Erratic Behavior, dropped modules.

Hey Everyone,

I am beginning to think that my Vera 3 may be beginning to crap out.

Over the past few weeks I have been experiencing “odd behavior” such as devices switching type (motion sensor to switch, dimmable light to motion sensor) or just loosing all connection with the unit, and having to be removed, and re-added.

I have tried a manual heal, which seems to have had no impact. Polling devices that are no longer in communication with the unit results in an “Error code 2” and can only be resolved with rebooting the unit.

This is also coupled with luup restarts when running scenes, or multiple requests at once.

I have am using an external USB stick, which is mounted for “read/write” in vera.

Any ideas on things I should look at? Or is it a sign that Vera is wearing out?

UI5 or UI7 ?

UI5

[quote=“EOppie, post:1, topic:186227”]Hey Everyone,

I am beginning to think that my Vera 3 may be beginning to crap out.

Over the past few weeks I have been experiencing “odd behavior” such as devices switching type (motion sensor to switch, dimmable light to motion sensor) or just loosing all connection with the unit, and having to be removed, and re-added.

I have tried a manual heal, which seems to have had no impact. Polling devices that are no longer in communication with the unit results in an “Error code 2” and can only be resolved with rebooting the unit.

This is also coupled with luup restarts when running scenes, or multiple requests at once.

I have am using an external USB stick, which is mounted for “read/write” in vera.

Any ideas on things I should look at? Or is it a sign that Vera is wearing out?[/quote]

I added this to your existing support ticket and let George in Customer Care know.

@ Marc Shenker:

My vera lite’s , both on UI5, are having issues. Secondary unit is down, and primary must have memory issues, as it is rebooting. I have enables tech support, but not sure if anyone has acted on the ticket, number 167921. Please have someone contact me. Thanks

[quote=“MrAutomate, post:5, topic:186227”]@ Marc Shenker:

My vera lite’s , both on UI5, are having issues. Secondary unit is down, and primary must have memory issues, as it is rebooting. I have enables tech support, but not sure if anyone has acted on the ticket, number 167921. Please have someone contact me. Thanks[/quote]

I couldn’t find the ticket, so I created a new one. Someone will be in touch shortly.

Thanks Marc,

Please contact me before trying to wipe and reinitialize from a backup like last time. For some reason my local backups could not be imported, and I had to re link devices and updated scripts.

Thanks!

@ Marc: John @ support called, and did a great job working to revive my Unit. I appreciate your escalation, and the efforts of your team!