Vera alerts and IP cam motion alerts

spent the good part of the morning getting vera to send alerts to my tablet. What I’d like to do now is be able to have Vera send me alerts based on motion of each camera. How can I do this?

1. Add a device notification to the camera for motion detected.
  2. Select the appropriate user to get the notification.
  3. Open Vera Alerts Notification Configuration (because you created or modified a notification).
  4. Change the Notification message as desired.
  5. Save/reload Vera.
  6. Sit back, grab a beer, and wait for the notifications … life is good!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:187225”]1) Add a device notification to the camera for motion detected.
2) Select the appropriate user to get the notification.
3) Open Vera Alerts Notification Configuration (because you created or modified a notification).
4) Change the Notification message as desired.
5) Save/reload Vera.
6) Sit back, grab a beer, and wait for the notifications … life is good![/quote]

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32119.0.html

I was able to kick it up a notch.

When motion triggered on camera, VeraAlerts announces it, Imperihome switch to a dashboard page showing only that camera, 10 seconds later, reverts to my default page.

What’s cool is it happens quick! This works on my foscam, lets see if I can get it to work with HIKvision and Dahua.

But all this is so cool I’m loving vera again.

Got stuck at step 1…
I have a few Hikvision cams, that show up as devices on my Vera Edge.
But I see no “motion detected” kind of parameter, and also no possible entry for notification
does this only work for certain cameras, am I looking at the wrong place, or do I miss a step ?

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:3, topic:187225”]…

What’s cool is it happens quick! This works on my foscam, lets see if I can get it to work with HIKvision and Dahua.

But all this is so cool I’m loving vera again.[/quote]

Just curious: Did you get it to work with a Hikvision camera ?
I cannot make it work sofar, as there seems to be no motion detected parameter for these cameras.

Two things have to happen to get motion detection integrated with Vera: 1: the camera needs to have the ability to send some message to vera to notify it. 2: a plugin has to be written to interpret that message as a motion sensor. #1 is important because OLD (i.e. nonHD) Foscams have the ability to send a TCP notification on an alarm, but newer ones don’t. You’d have to look at the Hikvision API to see what it can do on an alarm event. I have a Hikvision I’ve been meaning to inbox and try out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have 4 Hikvision cameras.

I use Blue Iris software (http://blueirissoftware.com/) to record video streams from these cameras as well as detect motion.

When motion is triggered, I tell Blue Iris to do a HTTP get to Vera. Here is key info:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23423.msg238168.html#msg238168

It is working on my side.

The HTTP get trigger a Vera virtual motion sensor, which I can use for any Vera scenes I want.