Vera Alert issue with weird notifications

Weird issue i just had. I got these alerts today on my vera alerts app on my note 3

Some dumm a@@ has left the garage door open
The garage door has been open for ten minutes
The garage door has been open for twenty minutes

Problem is i dont have a garage door sensor and i dont have those alerts setup anywhere in my system. I checked settings and only has my login info and vera id. I have UI7 and the latest plugin, however i havent registered it yet. Is that like a temp thing till i register or something i should be worried about?

[quote=“louielc, post:1, topic:186821”]Weird issue i just had. I got these alerts today on my vera alerts app on my note 3

Some dumm a@@ has left the garage door open
The garage door has been open for ten minutes
The garage door has been open for twenty minutes

Problem is i dont have a garage door sensor and i dont have those alerts setup anywhere in my system. I checked settings and only has my login info and vera id. I have UI7 and the latest plugin, however i havent registered it yet. Is that like a temp thing till i register or something i should be worried about?[/quote]

If their not your alerts it’s possible someone else has misstyped the phone ID # and they are now sending their alerts to the wrong ID (Which happens to be yours).

The ID is so long that the chances are slim, but if I type the wrong number in my VERA alerts plugin on the VERA and send alerts I’ll either send them to no one or if I happened to use your number they would go to you.

If it continues to be an issue, Richard might be able to back track the info to the sender. MIGHT

Or better yet just change your ID on the PHONE then update your VERA to the new ID and you’ll stop the junk mail/messages. LOL

I hade the exact same problem. I posted in the other VeraAlerts subfrum:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=31848

Seems very unlikely the same poor should have had his/her random ID cloned twice? Maybe something other?

The original author of Vera Alerts created the random ID generator. It looks at something in the phone to generate the same number for that particular phone.
Apparently it’s not as unique as he thought it would be. I will look into it in more details. There is no reason that it can’t change every time you register.
Just a little more typing in the plugin.