VERA 2 and findvera.com latency

Just installed my VERA 2 and updated the firmware to 1.1.228 as suggested during power up.

VERA 2 Installation went well and I have installed a couple of dimmers and a wall outlet.

I setup findvera.com access and manually setup port forwarding for VERA2 in my wireless router.

At work, when I access VERA 2 using my cable modem IP, everything works well. The web page almost instantly update the dimmer status when I click at button.

However, when I access VERA 2 using findvera.com, the web page only update after 25 seconds delay. That is in the dimmer control page, click the button, both ON and OFF button will be highlighted (orange color). After about 25 seconds, the ON button will then stay highlighted (orange color) and OFF button back to blue color. The dimmer seems to turn on the light after 1 or 2 seconds when the on button is clicked. So I guess it’s the findvera.com webpage that didn’t get updated fast enough.

The 25 seconds latency seems long to me. Does anyone is having this problem too? Is findvera.com being overloaded?

Any feedback or comment is appreciated.

wal

Hi,

25 is way off our normal implementation of the tunnel between findvera.com and the customers Vera. Can you please check the settings on the main router/modem just to make sure something is not blocking/retarding it?

[quote=“mcvovidiu, post:2, topic:165720”]Hi,

25 is way off our normal implementation of the tunnel between findvera.com and the customers Vera. Can you please check the settings on the main router/modem just to make sure something is not blocking/retarding it?[/quote]

The router setup looks fine. I think the problem is in the firmware 1.1.228 UI3.

I tried downgrading the firmware to 1.0.988 and the problem went away. I get about 2-3 seconds latency when I use findvera.com to control the dimmer. I am staying with 1.0.988 for now.

Thanks for your reply.