v1.3 Ready For Sale

v1.3 is now available in the apple store. See below for fixes and enhancements.

• Geofences save correctly
  • Geofences now delete correctly
  • Geofences now enable correctly
  • Geofences allow for manual entry of Longitude/Latitude
  • Geofences allow to use current location (leave address blank and it will use current)
  • iBeacons are now supported with virtual or multi-switch (adds proximity support to vera for your iOS device inside your home)
  • Allow for removal of images
  • Allow to turn off icons as room backgrounds
  • Geofence updates will notify you and have you approve the exit/entry via a setting
  • Geofences will still fire a notification if there is no network available (i.e. on the phone) and you can manually execute that notification

— With the addition of giving notifications and allowing you to fire the geofence when it can’t fire because of network the Geofences are far more reliable then they have been on any previous release. —

Hello

Sorry to say but this crashes all the time both on iPhone (5) and iPad

[quote=“Nilsblix, post:2, topic:181144”]Hello

Sorry to say but this crashes all the time both on iPhone (5) and iPad[/quote]

Did you upgrade to v1.3 or just purchase it today? And if you did upgrade what version did you come from?

Hello

I was just stupid (Sorry). I had not named my Vera box. Now it is working perferct. I have just ordered some iBeacons - cool to see if I can get it to work. Ex open my door when placing the phone near the iBeacon. I hve tried geofensing and it works perfect.

[quote=“Nilsblix, post:4, topic:181144”]Hello

I was just stupid (Sorry). I had not named my Vera box. Now it is working perferct. I have just ordered some iBeacons - cool to see if I can get it to work. Ex open my door when placing the phone near the iBeacon. I hve tried geofensing and it works perfect.[/quote]

Well be prepared for iBeacons to blow you away then because I have it setup exactly like you are requesting at my own home and the App functions perfectly with it. I am battling my own issues with the VeraLite with several crashes an hour and waiting for support to assist and help resolve. I am excited to hear how people use iBeacons in their home. Can you tell me which ones you purchased? I am using the estimotes, because their app allowed me to setup distances of the signal and the interval rate.

iBeacon Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 Proximity Device
On ebay uk

I just hope they will work

[quote=“Nilsblix, post:6, topic:181144”]iBeacon Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 Proximity Device
On ebay uk

I just hope they will work[/quote]

To configure the app you will just need to know the UUID of the iBeacon and what Major/Minor numbers they are broadcasting. I would also make sure you can adjust the iBeacons to a broadcast interval of 50ms, that is as fast as my estimotes broadcast a signal and it has been the best success for me.

Greate with voice controll. Is it possible learn the app Norwegian or is it possible that in future it could learn words so that could be a way to make it multi lingual ? Just runn into my mind - fancy

I also bought the iBeacon Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 on Ebay UK. My problem with them is I only have a iPhone4 and a Android phone. So at the moment I cannot configure them, so waiting for a software update which I am told should come… cant wait to give it a try. I have a few ideas of what to try with them.
I am also very pleased v1.3 is out, had pretty good results with v1.2, apart from the occasional glitch with the geofence. Hopefully it be even more reliable ! Will update the other half tonight…

The work effort to accomplish this would be enormous for the reward of doing it. The library’s consumed to allow voice control have a default english and spanish dictionary that come with it, I only ship the english as it makes the app huge if I do anything else. There may be a way to use some online API to do the decoding for any language but I would have to look into it. Don’t expect it for awhile but I promise to at least look into it. iViri’s main selling point right now is the Geofences and iBeacons.

I did not at all expected the voicecontrol to be so complicated. I realy understand that this is not your priority.

Yup to adapt to any language since I am using built in library’s and not calling external API’s so you could use it with no internet access we would have to generate dictionaries for every language that everyone wanted supported. I just hope that Apple sees the power of Siri and opens the API up to us developers to use and then we could do away with this custom section of voice control in iViri.

I need Spanish when implemented UI6, ;:wink:

Just a thought. I was searching for the post on the new release and couldn’t find it because iviri wasn’t in the subject.

I am anxious to try the new and improved features. Hopefully the home geofence will stay armed.

And a question. I have it set up so that if my wife or i leave, and the other is already gone, it will set the alarm. On thursdays the cleaning people come and I would like for it to not detect that I am gone. Can i just turn off that home geofence or would you have another idea. The logic is in a pleg so I’m looking for a way to bypass in iviri.

[quote=“pentium, post:14, topic:181144”]Just a thought. I was searching for the post on the new release and couldn’t find it because iviri wasn’t in the subject.

I am anxious to try the new and improved features. Hopefully the home geofence will stay armed.

And a question. I have it set up so that if my wife or i leave, and the other is already gone, it will set the alarm. On thursdays the cleaning people come and I would like for it to not detect that I am gone. Can i just turn off that home geofence or would you have another idea. The logic is in a pleg so I’m looking for a way to bypass in iviri.[/quote]

Yes you could do that, just turn off your geofence for that day. However I think it might be easier for you to use your PLEG and set a schedule for a tigger of Thursday and slap a (not s1) condition in your logic and it will just work without you thinking or remembering to turn your geofence off.

Great work implementing the option of NOT using the custom icons as background! Square icons do not make good rectangular backgrounds… :stuck_out_tongue:

Please see if you could have the option of using custom icons (and choosing the image) appearing when long-press, instead of having to switch the “Allow Custom Room Images” in Settings and having to manually restart the app. It is not very convenient or intuitive for new users.

I just bought 1.3 and I’m curious if some kind of user guide exists for it?

I’m looking forward to playing with the geofencing and ibeacons.

Thanks

[quote=“WB-AVL, post:17, topic:181144”]I just bought 1.3 and I’m curious if some kind of user guide exists for it?

Thanks[/quote]

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23882.0.html

Its a little out of date but it will give you the basics. You can ignore the connection setup stuff as that was all integrated into the app itself when you first launch it to discover those values for the user. I will work on updating that in the next week or so.

Thanks

[quote=“jpete7683, post:18, topic:181144”][quote=“WB-AVL, post:17, topic:181144”]I just bought 1.3 and I’m curious if some kind of user guide exists for it?

Thanks[/quote]

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23882.0.html

Its a little out of date but it will give you the basics. You can ignore the connection setup stuff as that was all integrated into the app itself when you first launch it to discover those values for the user. I will work on updating that in the next week or so.[/quote]