Using Tasker and Authomation

If I am posting this in the wrong thread, I apologize. Admin, feel free to move to correct location.

I have used tasker to automate my phone with simple profiles and tasks.

I would like to integrate it into controlling my Vera 3 using Authomation for simple tasks such as running a scene when wifi connects/disconnects, etc. However, I am stumped on trying to build the tasker profile that gets Authomation to do this. If anyone has a simple walkthrough I would appreciate it.

I eventually hope to use Autovoice to run scenes and control lights and thermostat. If anyone has any experience with this, tips/walkthroughs would be appreciated.

I have watched this video and read the comments. But they tend to be more ideas and global examples then specific examples for a beginner.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you like the app. Have you not seen this sticky thread?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12401.0.html

Also have a look here for the intent usage:

http://www.authomation.net/documentation/3rd-party-app-integration-tasker-llama
http://www.authomation.net/documentation/intent-usage

• Garrett

I’d be glad to help you recreate scenarios from the video. I’m working on a few walkthroughs and tutorials that will help, but in the meantime, add me on Google+ or email doug@droidkc.com and I can get you started with a couple examples.

I wanted to add in the next release of AutHomationHD it will be easier to add scenes and devices to Tasker via plugin support in the app.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp”]I wanted to add in the next release of AutHomationHD it will be easier to add scenes and devices to Tasker via plugin support in the app.

• Garrett[/quote]
    Thanks for finally adding this :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I will be reading those threads. I am also sending you an email doug.

Doug, your video is everywhere, and it is AWESOME.
it’s the ultimate example of futuristic home control for the ‘regular Joe’.
I also read your write-UPS on multiple forums. Excellent!
I got my system setup like yours now and love it! I used the tip of making the command words short and using toggle to turn lights on/off.
Question: what do you set your precision to for the autovoice commands for optimum performance?

[quote=“kyb2012, post:7, topic:175915”]Doug, your video is everywhere, and it is AWESOME.
it’s the ultimate example of futuristic home control for the ‘regular Joe’.
I also read your write-UPS on multiple forums. Excellent!
I got my system setup like yours now and love it! I used the tip of making the command words short and using toggle to turn lights on/off.
Question: what do you set your precision to for the autovoice commands for optimum performance?[/quote]
Hi,

Care to share some of the links to the write-ups?

Thanks!
Dave

The video is on youtube:

The most detailed write-up seems to be on the one at the top of this thread:

But it’s referenced at linked on multiple other sites: