Using Reactor to Trigger House Modes (or other) based on Geofence(s) et al

I’d like to use Reactor to set the house mode based on geofencing of two iPhones and an Android Galaxy S9.

I’d like it to put the house in Away mode based on all phones outside the geofence during the day, but not to do so at night whereupon I want it to go into night mode based on a time schedule.

I currently have door locks put it in Home Mode and turn on some lights but this occurs no matter what House Mode the Vera is in and does not reverse itself without a Scene that runs every 30 minutes to reverse it. I’d rather have it reverse this after a certain number of minutes and if certain time conditions are met.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?

Do I need to have different users for the Vera for each phone? Currently I just have one main user for all three because all three can and should be able to have complete control over the Vera even though I’m the only one that actually programs and maintains it.

TIA

Since the three devices can be in different places at the same time, I’m not sure you’d be able to achieve the desired effect without each having its own account. Reporting on geofences in user_data is per-user, so I’m not even sure what it means to have more than one device geofencing on a single user account–it seems to me that should not even be supported. Maybe there’s more data in there that I haven’t seen when that’s the case, but as I said, I haven’t seen that.

All of the conditions you specify are pretty straightforward. In particular, the Geofence condition type can easily tell when Vera reports that individual users are home, everyone is home, or nobody is home.

1 Like

Time to make some new accounts…

2 posts were split to a new topic: Geofencing trouble (MOVED)

Been busy. Just now got the separate accounts set up on each phone. Triggering Away mode only when all phones have exited is working now. Thanks.