URGENT HELP ! OH **** PLEG just died

Hi, check your PM :wink:

2 Likes

OK folks, @cadwizzard has given me two out of three, but he doesn’t use PLTS, which is plugin #3018. If someone can send me the number for 3018, we can do this! @cw-kid are you still there/available?

How to in this post: URGENT HELP ! OH **** PLEG just died - #79 by rigpapa - General Discussions - Ezlo Community

OK, for those you using PLEG (and not PLTS, yet), here are the two URLs you need to request to downgrade (without restoring from backup) to version 8. You request these in your browser (not via remote access – must be local). Put your Vera local IP in where indicated. Vera will reload after each request, so give it time between requests to do that. After each request, run to Apps > My apps and turn off auto-update.

http://vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3086&Version=36632

http://vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3066&Version=31846

If you use PLTS, you will also need to do this one:

http://192.168.0.21:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3018&Version=31866

Thank you do @cadwizzard and @shallowearth for helping out and getting the magic numbers from their existing systems.

2 Likes

I can confirm the URL’s work I just downgraded my test Vera Edge PLEG from version 9.1 to version 8.X

so how did we find the correct version numbers to use ?

I’ll update the first post.

See this post: URGENT HELP ! OH **** PLEG just died - #79 by rigpapa - General Discussions - Ezlo Community

OK cool, I missed that I was doing something else.

I’ve updated the first post now.

OK, I’ve got them all. Original post updated:

@rigpapap I sent you the correct version number for PLTS.

For everyone else… in the spirit of Richard - you never, ever leave your plug-ins with AutoUpdate turned on. That is why it probably didn’t impact folks more than it it did, because Richard always emphasized this.

Basically if you have a stable system that is working just the way you want. You probably don’t need what ever random fix the developer fixed in their plug-in. Always have Auto Update off, and then if you are curious or need a fix, you can take a backup, update the plug in, and evaluate. You will be a lot happier in the long run.

4 Likes

OK first post updated again now.

1 Like

Is this the PLEG plugin that has the princely sum of $5.50 + tax for a licence fee to use and users are jumping up and down demanding attention.

I know what I’d do if I was Richard. Ctrl-Alt-Del. Who needs all that grief. I’d certainly put a 0 after the first 5 on that price :joy:

2 Likes

Just a HUGE THANK YOU to the OP for putting the solution back at the top. For two days now I’ve been second guessing myself on why lights weren’t turning off. I just went through the standard VERA gyrations - reload LUUP, reboot, hard power cycle, restore backup from last week…

When I saw the status UPDATING PLUG-INS, I honed in on PLEG. A quick google search on PLEG 9.1 brought me to this thread. 10 min later, I’m back up and running with the downgraded version.

Good luck to Richard on getting this ironed out quickly. I’m glad to see it was such a quick find, and relatively easy workaround for now.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for posting that solution - worked like a charm!

1 Like

Thanks everyone who contributed to this solution! My Vera and PLEG has been working flawlessly for so long I had not even created an account here since the move from Micasaverde.

Unfortunately for me, lesson learned the hard way. I got caught out without a recent backup of my PLEG. When I used the commands in this thread to downgrade it seemed fixed only to find that 1 of my 3 PLEG devices was missing all of the actions (conditions and everything else was fine).

I restored an auto backup from 10/28 and was quick to disable auto updates. I ended up with the same result, 1 PLEG missing actions. Guess I’ll have to manually rebuild, fortunately I had only made a couple of small changes since my last manual backup.

This is the first report I’ve heard of PLEG content going missing.

Maybe try a Vera restore using the 27/10 backup file.

I tend to manually backup my PLEG rules at least once a month or after making lots of changes in PLEG.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did go back to a day earlier and ended with the same result. I restore, go immediately to apps and disable auto updates, and the 1 PLEG device is missing actions. Oddly, it’s the only place I made changes in the last month, everything else I have a backup :frowning_face:

Anyone know which if any of the lzo files I can extract that info from? I poked around a bit but found nothing valuable.

This is how I resolved it with a locally stored backup;

Unplug the WLAN cable on the router, then you can still reach your vera by wifi
Upload a backup you have downloadet earlier on your pc.
Uncheck auto update on your plugins
Plug the wlan cable back on your router and you should be good to go.

//Frode

So I started to rebuild the actions for my corrupt PLEG and discovered that not only were the actions missing form the PLEG, but the whole variable actions is missing on the advanced page! I wonder if the data is still there somewhere and I just need to bring the variable back to life.

Hi!
Is it not possible to get support to send you a backup wich were made before the plugins stopped working? So you can upload them yourself with the controller offline, then you can hit uncheck on the automatic update before you go online with vera again.

Can you not download a backup file yourself?

home.getvera.com/users/login

Connect to your Vera

Go to Settings and Backup “Your system backup log”.

Or just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to downgrade the PLEG apps.