Upgrading Vera 2 to Vera Lite

Hi

I have followed the process as described in the other threads and the wiki to backup and restore to my vera lite. The restore works and all my devices and schedules appear as they should, i then get the “ZWave : No ZWave dongle” error. When i change my port to /dev/ttyS0 it starts “Restoring Z wave” or something similar, it then “Configuring Devices” after this all my Zwave devices dissapear.

I have tried rebooting doing it from a different backup. It is on zwave version 2.78 as directed. I have logged a support ticket 3 days ago but got nothing back. Can anyone help

Cheers

If i put the usb dongle in the Vera Lite and change the port to /dev/ttyUSB0 then everything works fine (albeit that im running off the USB dongle not the internal chip) I then did a backup of the zwave network and the system and did another restore. All works (still running off the USB though). When i change the port to /dev/ttyS0 it still does the same “Configuring Devices” and then i loose all my Zwave devices (cameras and non zwave devices stay).

I don’t think that this restore method is going to restore the USB chip to the internal chip. I could be very wrong though.

I again could be wrong, but I don’t think that you can restore a Vera 2 backup to an Edge, The Vera’s need to be running the same firmware version to restore backups, which means that your Vera 2 would need to already be running UI7.

What I would try is importing the USB Z-Wave network into the Vera Edge with the Edge as a secondary controller. This should copy the network and device database from the Vera 2 to the Vera Edge.

Once the database is copied over and all your devices show up on the Edge, I’d seize the primary roll on the Vera Edge. Once that is successful, then you can start manually recreating scenes and programming.

Again, I could be wrong about this, so perhaps you should try telephoning Vera support.

Hi

http://faq.mios.com/content/1/35/en/how-to-upgrade-from-_unit_name_-2-to-_unit_name_-3_lite.html

The above guide details how to do it. The older unit is a vera 2 the newer a vera lite. Both are running UI5 version 1.5.622. Zwave version is 2.78 as per the guide.

[quote=“tazziefez, post:4, topic:186428”]Hi

http://faq.mios.com/content/1/35/en/how-to-upgrade-from-_unit_name_-2-to-_unit_name_-3_lite.html

The above guide details how to do it. The older unit is a vera 2 the newer a vera lite. Both are running UI5 version 1.5.622. Zwave version is 2.78 as per the guide.[/quote]

Hate to say it but the LITE is only going to leave you needing to upgrade again shortly. Surprised you didn’t get something with more RAM.

Ha Ha. Believe it or not, i have been running the Vera 2 in my own house up until now and i had bought the lite for job that fell through, so its actually been sitting in my shed for nearly a year, but if i can get the Lite to take my backup i can then bridge them and put the 2 out in the shed to run that, which has always been a bit of a stretch distance wise in the current setup. Cant wait for OpenHAB to really get legs then ill ‘upgrade’ to one of the Raspberry pi’s i have laying around.

Im still getting no help from Vera Support. Anyone have any ideas?

These are the settings on my Vera 2

Version 2.78 L:1
Locale us
HouseID/Node House: 14cedd7 Node 1 Suc 1
Role Suc SIS:YES PRI:NO
Last update 1-JAN-1970 11:00
Last Z-Wave network backup 10-MAR-2015 21:13
Port /dev/usb/tts/0

Im in australia running the australian dongle. It all works on this vera with the above settings despite it saying locale US, but i assume that this is because the internal chip is a US one.

Could the PRI:NO have something to do with my problems? This is my primary controller, or is this reffering to the internal chip again not the dongle?

As i said this vera works fine with these settings its just when i restore to the vera lite after it configures devices all the zwave devices dissapear : (