Upgraded firmware on Vera Lite and now it's dead

My Vera Lite running U17 was working perfectly. I opened my dashboard up and it said there was new Firmware. So like before, I updated it. It said it could take up to 15 minutes to work. After 15 minutes I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in.
So now the only thing that happens is the BLUE light flashes and won’t go past that.
WTF? What am I supposed to do now? I am sorry I tried to upgrade to this new Firmware. Please help. Thank you.

Hello Steve,

I’m sorry to hear about this. Our Customer Care can give you a hand with trying to restore your VeraLite unit.
I will be looking for a ticket coming from your email address used to register your forum account so I can prio this, and make sure this is sorted ASAP.

Please log a ticket with our team, by sending an email to support@getvera.com

Thank you Sorin. I sent an email just now.

Sorin,
I did receive an email from Tech Support on how to Restore my Vera lite. The instructions are somewhat vague. I need to know if I connect my Computer to the back of the Veralite and run these flash eraseall commands WILL IT WIPE OUT ALL OF MY ZWAVE DEVICES I have connected and/or REMOVE any Scenes I have made?
I left a voicemail for someone to call me back and nothing yet.

Thinking my Vera Lite has seen better days I went an ordered an new VERA EDGE. I should get this tomorrow. I have a USB stick plugged into my VeraLite. I’m assuming that is saving my configurations and Zwave devices.
So when I get my new Vera Edge tomorrow what do I need to do to remove the old controller, install the new Vera Edge and ALL my settings.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, I had the identical problem and it took over an hour on the phone to reset and reload from backup. Call support, too complicated for email.

I also ordered an Edge. There is a procedure for transfer, see one of the stickies here on the General section of the forum. Went ok, but not a trivial process.

Good luck, Bob

Thank you Bob. I am hoping the transfer goes smoothly. I have to say the VeraLite has served me well for about 5 years. Let’s hope the Edge lasts a bit longer.