Upgrade from Vera Lite UI7 to Vera edge or Vera plus - Worth it?

Hi,

I have today a Vera Lite with UI7 + echo + harmony plugin + harmony extender
+8 aeotec dcs26103 and 4 dsc19103 dimmers

• kwikset lock with zwave
    -Some scenes programmed

I want to know if i upgrade to vera edge or Vera plus all zwave commands will get quickier.
Does it worth to upgrade?

I saw new aeotec dmimers and switches are z wave PLUS. To get the network faster all them have to be zwave plus?

Honestly, I’d wait to see what happens with the Mios acquisition first. There may be better hardware choices on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok. Always will be released better devices.

But i just want to know if there will be a difference or not in my case.

Hello Bricio,

There are differences between Vera Plus and Vera Lite, that would improve the communication you already have. Starting with the technical specs (Hardware CPU: 880MHz MIPS SoC Flash Memory: NAND 128MB Memory: DDR3 256MB) up to the fact that it adds the Zigbee protocol the new controller should work for you.

I hope this helps,

[quote=“Maegda, post:4, topic:199746”]Hello Bricio,

There are differences between Vera Plus and Vera Lite, that would improve the communication you already have. Starting with the technical specs (Hardware CPU: 880MHz MIPS SoC Flash Memory: NAND 128MB Memory: DDR3 256MB) up to the fact that it adds the Zigbee protocol the new controller should work for you.

I hope this helps,[/quote]

Ok, but i don t need zigbee.
Just want to know if the system will be quickier with my aeotec switches and dimmers.
Or it will be the same thing , and better cpu and RAM will only take effect if i have too mane switches, dimmers, sensors etc… ?

Brico, if it’s working then leave it until the new FW comes out else risking losing it all.

[quote author=Bricio link=topic=104088.msg415714#msg415714 date=1536413804]

[quote=“Maegda, post:4, topic:199746”]Hello Bricio,

Ok, but i don t need zigbee.
Just want to know if the system will be quickier with my aeotec switches and dimmers.
Or it will be the same thing , and better cpu and RAM will only take effect if i have too mane switches, dimmers, sensors etc… ?[/quote]

Hello,

The Z-wave chips and firmware on the two are also different, however, I won’t affirm the Z-wave communication speed will be faster since this largely depends on the environment and the range of the devices.

• The Vera Lite has a problem with updates for a long time.
  • On my Vera Lite twice flashed the firmware. A restoration, even those dances.

Now I have two VeraEdge, and I look with some optimism in the future :slight_smile:

I just upgraded from an Edge to a Plus and haven’t received a Vera Startup text since. No reboots, seems rock solid.