Updating Progam Logic Plugins

Hi I get the same error

Firmware: 1.7.690
PLC - 7.48, PLEG - 7.47

and it seems like the backup function of the app don’t work. When I go in to “Control” → “Backup” and press backup, nothing happens!!

Can I uninstall and then install it again without loosing my settings?

I have the same issue here, and I don’t have the right backups to do the restore suggested.

I finally took the plunge and upgraded from UI5>UI7 v1.7.690. Current versions PLEG 7.47, PLC 7.48; I didn’t notice this issue until a week later when I went to edit a PLEG action.

• Anytime I click on Report, Status or Log: I get an about:blank web page
  • PLEG Condition Expressions appear blank (on the condition screen and the editor), so I can’t make any changes.
  • on Actions, Edit button doesn’t wok
  • Triggers can’t be edited

I don’t have a UI7 backup for PLEG/PLC version before these versions. Anyone have any suggestions?

For those that have screwed up configurations … The following files are to be used if you have PLC 7.47 or 7.48 installed.
These are the only differences between the two releases (Actually there is a bug fix for the 7.48 that has not been released).
These files should NOT be used when I release 7.49 or later!
[hr]
There are two file attachments:
J_ProgramLogic_UI7-NEW.js.txt
and
J_ProgramLogic_UI7-OLD.js.txt

Use NEW if you have 1.7.1419 or newer (Edge) or 1.7.690 (Vera Lite, Vera 3)

Use OLD if you have an older version of UI7.

================================================
In either case … rename the appropriate file to: J_ProgramLogic.js before you upload the file to Vera.
To upload the file use: APPS → Develop Apps → LUUP Files → Upload
Refresh your browser after uploading the file.

Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to post these, I truly appreciate it.

I did downgrade to UI5 just prior (PLEG was just to valuable to live without!), but this is helpful should I decide to reattempt.

I was going play around some more with PLEG so I get the PLEG Basics manual. First thing I notices is that my version didn’t look anything like the one in the manual.

I’m running a really really really old version of PLEG. It’s version 3.1 and I’m currently only running one PLEG device but I will be adding more later.

I’m currently running VeraLite UI5 waiting for VeraPlus to arrive which is when I’ll be adding more than 3 PLG devices.

How do I up upgrade to the latest version of PLEG?

While I’m only running one or two PLEG devices on my VeraLite would it be running in free mode or do I need a license then upgrade when I get my VeraPlus?

You can be running PLEG on both UI5 and UI7 in free mode as long as you live within the restrictions of the Free Mode (actually they are enforced).
Actually if have more than one Vera (any version) you can run with a free license on each Vera.

Instructions to upgrade are at the beginning of this thread. Same process for UI5 and UI7.

If you upgrade from UI5 to UI7 … and you were on the latest version when you were on UI5 … you would still need to upgrade … to get the Version specific files.

Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if the upgrade procedure in the first post was the same when I had such a old version. I’ll proceed with updating it and since I only have one PLEG device and it’s a fairly simple one I’ll just delete it and rebuild once the upgrade has finished.

Now if Vera can just get the VeraPlus finished, I want the ability to use ZigBee to access my electric meter for usage information, before my VeraLite’s Z-Wave module totally gives up the ghost I’ll be in great shape.

I recently upgraded my firmware from ui6 to ui7 (1.1.719).
After the upgrade I lost everything (all my apps, pleg, scenes, device names ect…) but after a call to support they managed to get everything back on the new firmware (ui7).
Now everything seems to be working ok but I cant make any changes in PLEG ,cant edit devices (showing as undefined), and cant edit actions.
My PLEG version is 7.47 and PLC is 7.48.
I have updated both apps after the upgrade also.
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you sort it?
I don’t want to delete PLEG and reinstall it as I may loose all my programming?
Another issue I have noticed on the new firmware is i keep getting an error saying “unable to write user data” anyone also experienced this?

Greetings,
I have U15. I had the automatic update boxes checked. I assumed that it automatically updated my PLEG, PLTS and PLC.
I was having the issue of attempting to edit one of my PLEG’s and getting stuck at “Opening plegInit…”
I assumed it was because of the updated files.
I followed the instructions in “Topic: Updating Progam Logic Plugins”, specifically:
If you accidentally upgrade your Vera running UI5 to a UI7 version, you can recover by restoring the latest UI5 version:

I deleted my PLEG’s and PLEG, PLTS and PLC Apps.
I uploaded per the instructions, have the apps back but with the same versions and I’m still stuck at “Opening plegInit…”
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I fell into the trap of "the light may be locked on by rapid on/off/on of the light switch as noted in the Example-SImple Motion-Triggered Light. Even turning off the breaker to the switch won’t shut it off…
Any ideas?

Thanks much,
Dave

You never needed to delete your PLEG/PLTS or PLC plugins.
You can also restore from a Vera Backup before your plugins were updated.
You need to Disable Auto-update before you try to restore!

I fell into the same trap. I’m on UI5 and my apps were auto updated. I also had problems with the process to revert described in the first post, but was able to recover by restoring the main backup for the day before the update took place. I then immediately unchecked the auto update option for these apps.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:53, topic:175015”]You never needed to delete your PLEG/PLTS or PLC plugins.
You can also restore from a Vera Backup before your plugins were updated.
You need to Disable Auto-update before you try to restore![/quote]

Ok, thanks for the prompt response.
I didn’t know when it was updated so I just restored the oldest current backup that I have and I’ll go from there.

[quote=“IslandMan54, post:52, topic:175015”]Greetings,
I have U15. I had the automatic update boxes checked. I assumed that it automatically updated my PLEG, PLTS and PLC.
I was having the issue of attempting to edit one of my PLEG’s and getting stuck at “Opening plegInit…”
I assumed it was because of the updated files.[/quote]

I’m having the same issue right now. I can’t get into pleg. It just sits at the “Opening plegInit…” modal. I don’t know that I have a recent backup. Is there a way to recover?

I’m on UI5. I did have the “auto upgrade” for the PLC an PLEG.

PLEG is at 8.11
PLC is at 8.16

If you are on UI5 you should NOT have auto update for PLEG/PLTS/PLC
Version 8 for these plugins is for UI7 and later ONLY.

The last working versions for UI5 were 7.xx versions.
TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE
And see the very first post of this thread.
[hr]
NOTE: Two+ months ago I sent an email to ALL Registered users indicating that you needed to lock down your plugins if you were on UI5!

Thanks so much :slight_smile: I’m back up and running!

Unfortunately that notification email went to my spam folder.

I’m glad the rollback was easy. Now to ponder moving up to UI7 ;D

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:57, topic:175015”]If you are on UI5 you should NOT have auto update for PLEG/PLTS/PLC
Version 8 for these plugins is for UI7 and later ONLY.

The last working versions for UI5 were 7.xx versions.
TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE
And see the very first post of this thread.
[hr]
NOTE: Two+ months ago I sent an email to ALL Registered users indicating that you needed to lock down your plugins if you were on UI5![/quote]

And you were quite emphatic about it! Since I’m still on UI5, I remember that email, & the first thing I did was make sure NONE of your plugins were set to auto-update. If my PLEGs quit working, the Vera is just a toy. (I never used auto-update anyway, because I want to control if & when I update)

Well the other day, I tried to edit a PLEG and saw it stuck on Opening pleginit. To be honest, I just thought it was a glitch and I’ll get to it later.

Well “later” is now. Of course I have the same result and to my surprise terror, I’m on PLC v8.16 & PLEG v8.11 - Also, the Auto-Update box is checked on your software including Vera Alerts and several other plugins that I knew I had turned off. WHAT THE HELL!

I rolled back to a backup on Mios server dated 8/20 but that didn’t fix it. I went back to the earliest backup dated 8/10/2016 & that put my RTS stuff back to the way it belonged.

But I’m bugged about what could change the flags for Auto update. I recall vaguely that after installing AltUI that the plugin auto-updates were changed but that’s anecdotal & probably has nothing to do with AltUI. As of now, things are working again. But I guess I’m going to have to check the update flag often.

Thanks again Richard,
Chris

UPDATE: October 16, 2016

Damn it! Auto update magically was turned on AGAIN (I don’t know exactly when) and my PLEG & PLC updated to the non UI5 versions.
I didn’t do it.

The method to revert using Richard’s instructions on post #1 got me working again.

Sheesh

I also somehow missed the announcement about disabling auto-updates. Richard, your instructions on URL-hacking to revert to the specific correct versions were both ingenious and simple. I will make a couple important notes for others:

• The page may return what appears to be an error, but in fact is only an error in the XML returned to the browser. The code will still update/revert properly.
  • Installing the new/old version of the plugin seems to re-enable the “auto update” feature. Even if you unchecked “auto update” before reverting, go back and make sure it’s still unchecked after the reload.

Thank you, Richard, for a fantastic plugin that lets me do all sorts of cool things, and for supporting it far better even than many commercial products are supported.

I am on UI5 and cannot revert to older PLC & PLEG version

What am i doing wrong? PLEG device # is 134 and ip is 192.168.1.6

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=3018

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=3066

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=3086

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=134&Version=PLEG306627996PLTS301828001PLC308628802

bmwgcyr,

Late here, you probably already figured it out, but . . .

PLEG device # is 134 . . .
is not what is needed. The "134" is your device number, NOT what Richard means by "PluginNum". He means his registered PluginNum. Your urls should be exactly like the below.

PLEG:

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3066&Version=27996

PLC:

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3086&Version=28802

PLTS:

http://192.168.1.6:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3018&Version=28001

Regards,
Chris

If you accidentally upgrade your Vera running UI5 to a UI7 version, you can recover by restoring the latest UI5 version:

[url=http://YourVeraIPAddress:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=PLUGIN#&Version=VERSION#]http://YourVeraIPAddress:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=PLUGIN#&Version=VERSION#[/url]

Where:
Plugin Name Plugin # Version #
PLEG 3066 28004
PLTS 3018 28001
PLC 3086 27991

Do PLC Last!
This should get you back to Version 7.47 of each of these plugins. Make sure you wait for Vera to Reload beween each. Do one more Reload when you are all done … then refresh your browser.

After a command is sent I get:

[i]This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 50: xmlns:u: ‘Unknown Service’ is not a valid URI
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.[/i]

What is wrong with it? Could you help me?
Specifications of a plugin: Vera3 UI5 PLEG 8.11 PLC8.21

Problem solved. You need to use just mozilla firefox instead of opera.