Updates?

@Veramate any update on the Google Drive backups? Is that something you are looking into? I am still getting the extreme long refreshing problems.

PS Thanks for the great app.

Yeah the developer showed up here a couple of weeks ago after 6 week of being MIA, he promised a bunch of help and then went away again. I’m done with this app and have now migrated everything over to Imperihome even though their iOS version is lacking it’s still a better app that works far more reliably. I had been planning to deploy two or three tablets around the house and iPad’s were where I was going. I have shifted to Android tablets and installed Imperihome and man it’s SOOOO much better.

Going by date stamps in the forum looks like the author made a number of replies yesterday in the forum. Just saying.

[quote=“shapshere, post:1, topic:194650”]@Veramate any update on the Google Drive backups? Is that something you are looking into? I am still getting the extreme long refreshing problems.

PS Thanks for the great app.[/quote]

Google drive is a bit tricky as I need to completely rewrite that logic - the api I was using was made obsolete :confused: But yes, I am working on that. I don’t have an eta at the atm as I’ve had some problems getting time to focus, but these will be hopefully fixed asap.

I hear you, I really do like VeraMate unfortunate what is happening though.

I have to say I’ve been using the VeraMate app for about two years now. While it’s true the developer was MIA for awhile a few weeks ago in regards to support for tickets or forum posts, VeraMate is in my experience actually very responsive, and has come out with far more updates and tweaks for his app more frequently than I’ve seen any developer of previous z-wave control apps (automator.app, SimpleWave…etc).

He’s also very receptive to new ideas or add-ins for future updates, many of which he’s implemented (such as the ability to add the child devices as buttons from the Weather Underground plugin, which I myself specifically requested). The money I paid for the app was the best investment I’ve made in my entire z-wave system so far. Just wanted to add my input here. I know lack of replies from a developer when it comes to support or technical problems can be frustrating, but to be honest from what I’ve seen it’s just a single guy working on and supporting this app.