Unable to include any devices to vera lite

Good Afternoon

I am unable to add any type of devices to my vera lite. I have managed to exclude 2 devices but unable to add them again along with new devices.

Firmware: 1.5.672 Using this firmware to allow the fibaro motion sensors to work correctly and i have added devices then then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rich

[quote=“Rich1983, post:1, topic:183636”]Good Afternoon

I am unable to add any type of devices to my vera lite. I have managed to exclude 2 devices but unable to add them again along with new devices.

Firmware: 1.5.672 Using this firmware to allow the fibaro motion sensors to work correctly and i have added devices then then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rich[/quote]

Whats steps are you using to try and add them? Can you give us more info to try and find if and where something is going wrong.

Hi

Since i made this thread i found this thread below

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26860.0.html

I followed the last post steps and managed to include the 2 devices i excluded BUT still unable to add new devices.

I am unplugging the vera lite and putting it into battery mode. I am pressing include mode and then trying to include the new device ( fibaro dimmer ) ) have 10 of these around my home and no issues including others. I have also tryed to exclude the new one and still no success.

I have double check and the dimmer is wired up the exact same way as the one i managed to exclude and include.

Rich

[quote=“Rich1983, post:3, topic:183636”]Hi

I followed the last post steps and managed to include the 2 devices i excluded BUT still unable to add new devices.

I am unplugging the vera lite and putting it into battery mode. I am pressing include mode and then trying to include the new device ( fibaro dimmer ) ) have 10 of these around my home and no issues including others. I have also tryed to exclude the new one and still no success.

I have double check and the dimmer is wired up the exact same way as the one i managed to exclude and include.

Rich[/quote]

I never use Battery mode. The lights blinking can be difficult for some to understand.

Try to include in highpower mode leaving the unit where it is and using the main UI so you can watch it on the screen vs. lights flashing.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:4, topic:183636”][quote=“Rich1983, post:3, topic:183636”]Hi

Rich[/quote]

I never use Battery mode. The lights blinking can be difficult for some to understand.

Try to include in highpower mode leaving the unit where it is and using the main UI so you can watch it on the screen vs. lights flashing.[/quote]

Hi

Thanks for telling me that, Just excluded and included a existing dimmer and worked a treat, I also included another device and worked good but still unable to install the dimmer i was trying to install, Going to move the dimmer to a existing spot that has one and try add it that way.

I never use batteries in the VERA (I dont even leave them inside for fear of leaking/ going bad later on). It’s alway a pain if I try to. All but some far away stuborn devices will include from right where vera is and be way easier and faster. I just carry a laptop or tablet with the web UI open and walk to the new device use the high power inclusion.

On a far away pain in my butt double switch (Leviton VRCS2-MRZ) switch I made a 100ft CAT5 cable from some extra wire I had and moved the VERA closer to the switch, but still used high power.