UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019

OK, so not completely broken but…

In my case, I had set an advanced param (successfully) on the device on which the association was set and after this, it would no longer trigger a state change on the target (associated) device. Removing the the param and removing, then re-adding the association did not help. I had to completely delete the device, re-pair and then re-add the association to get it working again.

There’s still a bug there but I’m glad I figured out a way around it.

And they wouldn’t have been bitching if there had been any sort of release in the previous six months, or if they hadn’t promised something by April.

It’s their own undoing.

1 Like

The association is a property of the zwave network. Its purpose is to make devices work directly without going through the vera or any other controller. The vera and its firmware has nothing to do with it. If the association stopped working, it is likely that it somehow got reconfigured or the device itself crashed or lost its association. I see this regularly (every few months) on some of my leviton scene controllers and aeotec devices forcing me to power cycle them.

Not sure how you got to this. Audio amp I suppose is integrated through a plugin?

1 Like

Update. I haven’t had any issues since making this change.

Could you please share the parameter setting you used for this?

EDIT: never mind, found it.

0x50 (80) It will send the Hail CC/configuration report CC when the state of garage door is changed:
Value=0,reserved.
Value=1,send Hail CC。
Value=2,send Barrier operator report CC。

1 Like

Yep that’s the correct info.

Cheers. And thanks for the heads up on this. I was having similar problems to you intermittently and this solves it.

1 Like

No dramas, it’s always good to share with fellow Vera users. I’m always finding great info here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep, through Yamaha Network Control plugin. Never had this kind of problem before… Rebooted VP and… Mysteriously, my Audio amp became an Audio amp again…

Likely a read error causing the vera to have to think it had missing files. Not a firmware issue then. More of a hardware reliability fluke.

Yes, you’re absolutely certainly right (I’m reading a lot from you and you have such a technical level that I won’t contradict you).

An implementation file is missing too, and I don’t understand why as I restored from a previous and safe backup.
D_FUP_uuid… It’s generating a “system error” on “device 204”…
I asked support for that, but no answer since I reached them on 11/05…

It sounds like you are using the TCP yamaha plugin. If another utility was connected it may be the issue since TCP. allows for only one connection at a time. I used the tcp plugin in the past any was actually the one to add zone 3 support. I had switched to the HTTP plugin since I could not connect my former iRule interface and Vera concurrently.

I’m using both TCP and HTTP plugins. Yes, for the same Audio Amp. It’s sounds like I should remove the TCP ?

Compare the functionality of both. If the HTTP plugin will do everything you need it to I see no reason to use both. Plus with HTTP you will not have the limitation of one connection.

[Meta] Everyone, IMO, this topic has gotten too long and has drifted off-topic too many times.

At this point:

1. if you are having problems getting your Vera up on 7.0.29, that should be discussed in a separate topic (or topics, as there have been many related in the General Vera Discussions category);
  2. If you are having problems with a specific device or class of devices, those should be in separate topics, within the category best-matching your device.
  3. In all cases, if the issue relates to 7.0.29 specifically, call that out in the topic title.

The way different threads of discussion are being interspersed in this topic makes it more difficult for users to follow and glean out any gems that may help them, and more difficult for Vera to follow a thread of discussion on any one particular issue that can help them understand something they may need to address.

I think there’s some reticence on the part of many users to start new topics. Please, go for it. And those of us that are “mods” of a sort, please be polite when people aren’t posting in the correct location–I don’t think @Sorin will object to us taking the initiative and separating those new issues to the new topics they deserve and keeping these forums more organized for the benefit of all.

And on that note, I’m going to assume privilege and close this topic. If @Sorin wishes to keep it open, he can re-open it, but I think closing it will help encourage new topics and reduce the drifting afield and beating of expired equines here.

7 Likes

Hello,
Any news about new update? Last was in April… A lot of new devices doesn’t work correctly. How about Smart Implant compatibility? There aren’t that kind of device on market. Before was Universal Binary Sensor but for now you can’t buy it.

An update on my VeraPlus running 7.29 - I have narrowed it down to the wi-fi. I had to restore network, than do factory reset to recover the VeraPlus, twice. Third time, I left it plugged into the network and it working perfectly. By the way, the home wi-fi is working fine. The VP is plugged into an Netgear 6000 that is connected to the main 7000 router via 5G. Definitely the VP wi-fi is suddenly broken.

Here is the link V+ https://dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/mios/release/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.4453-en-mios.squashfs