UI7: VeraAlert "Notification Configuration" Empty.

[quote=“jdfrye, post:20, topic:182767”]So I need to be on same network to do this?
This cant be done remotely?[/quote]

I think UI7 now has a update button in the apps/plugin section when your under the specific plugin your working on.

If so you should be able to do that. If not you will not be able to use the Http remotely.

If you have VPN, remote connection to a computer there or something along those line then you can also use that to do an http for upgrade.

Yeah I dont see a Update button in the app/plugin section, only a checked box that says " auto update"
The new UI7 has a push notification to the UI7 vera mobile android app which is nice I found out but the app has big problems right now with the camera live stearming view showing old still image form days ago. I’m still running the old MMS Vera app that is 1.0.3 apk. which works perfect but wants to update to the new one which then I will lose my nice camera veiw if I do. That is why I still want the VeraAlerts. I found the UI6 Adroid app works better than the new one, and doesnt ask for updates. So that one does notification pushes and also the camera live stream seams to update every second.

Hello.
Opening up this old thread again.

I have also received that empty notification editor tab in Vera alerts.

My plugin and the UI7 is updated to the latest version currently out.

Just before I open up the Vera Alert editor, I get this error message:

Error executing function vaInit(): Failed to execute ‘atob’ on ‘Window’: The string to be decoded is not correctly encoded.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Hello!
I have gotten the exact same problem now also. App version 7.21. I think it started with this update. I had some saving errors that was solved in a previous thread a few weeks ago. Seams to be more saving/memory problems.

[quote=“ilias, post:23, topic:182767”]Hello.
Opening up this old thread again.

I have also received that empty notification editor tab in Vera alerts.

My plugin and the UI7 is updated to the latest version currently out.

Just before I open up the Vera Alert editor, I get this error message:

Error executing function vaInit(): Failed to execute ‘atob’ on ‘Window’: The string to be decoded is not correctly encoded.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.[/quote]

I can fix this error …
This seems to have happened to a number of folks …
This is a continuation of the Saving scenes saga … It saved the fact that I encoded some scene info … but not the actual info … This is all part of the new API.
I will provide a patch in this thread soon.

Here is a patch …
Remove the trailing .txt extension before trying to upload using Apps → Develop Apps → LUA Files → Upload File.

For those that HIDE extensions on files … you need to display the extension in order to remove the .txt extension.

Thanks for the quick update. Updated the file but now I have a new problem. When i shall enter the VeraAlerts configuration I get an popup saying:"Failed to decode. maybe its not encoded" and then a LUUP code string of an old scene that does not exist anymore After clicking ok on the popup i get to the editor but I won’t save any changes i make. “Failed to save system configuration” when I exit.

Same problem here - all the settings in the main editor are empty after uploading the update.

Update.
Made a support ticket with Vera controll.
They went in remotley and did a fix, a known error. So now it works all good when connected localy. They have a fix in the next firmware that will fix it even when connected remotley to the vera.

This matter has been addressed by our developers and the fix that I?ve did on your unit was provided by them but for the moment it works only locally when you connect directly on the IP address of the unit. This issue is fixed also for the remotely connection but the fix will be implemented in the next firmware release.

I recently upgraded from Vera lite to Vera Plus. I too am having the same “no notifications” issues as discussed earlier in this thread. I am running Vera version 1.7.2935 (I was told by tech support not to upgrade to the latest firmware), my Vera Alerts is running version 7.23. I have performed all the steps indicated above, including running the code posted by Richard. None of these has fixed the issue. I can send a test message and it works fine. Greatly appreciate any advice.