UI7 Vera Plus - why there is no option to simply add manually an IP cam with URL

This is very frustrating,
If I want to add a generic IP camera with moving JPG URL, there is no simple option to add it,
I have to wait 6 minutes until the wizard gives the option to add a camera manually,
Only to see that it doesn’t recognize my camera IP, and doesn’t give me the option to write it manually.

Can a simple way be enabled?
Is there some other better firmware available (I’m on the latest 1.7.2138)

Thanks,
Eli

So after writing this post,
I discovered that if I will choose some irrelevant IP from the list, it will give me to change the ip and provide the correct URL.
But still this is annoying process, why I have to wait 6 minutes for each new camera that I would like to add ???

There are a lot of really dumb things in UI7.

If you want to add a Z-Wave device that you know needs to be excluded first … you have to try and include it … takes a couple minutes to let it fail … then you get the option to exclude it.
After that you can then include it.

Yes, this is very frustrating. I only have 4 cameras to add, but even then it will take a half hour just in waiting for timeouts. Before updating the firmware today I had the opportunity to manually enter the info.

Also My cameras do not show up in the list of cameras on the network either, and I don’t see any manual way to add or change the IP address now.
Extremely frustrating!

[quote=“eliroz, post:2, topic:193949”]So after writing this post,
I discovered that if I will choose some irrelevant IP from the list, it will give me to change the ip and provide the correct URL.
But still this is annoying process, why I have to wait 6 minutes for each new camera that I would like to add ???[/quote]

That’s good to know, thanks for sharing. My vera plus also failed to detect the ip for (7) cameras that were already on the wifi network but i din’t know you could work-around it by choosing ANY random ip that is listed.

After plugging in the camera URL, a dialog box pops up asking me to authenticate to view the page. The IP address it is requesting authorization to is the Vera, not the camera, although no iteration of usernames or passwords seem to work. I even tried creating a new user.

I seen that same complaint from at least one other user. maybe it’s time for tech support. I myself got tired of fighting with it and decided to take one of the members here advice and instead set a title in imperihome to launch the camera app (ipcam viewer pro). and i do have 2 cameras (of the 5) setup in inperihome itself to view on the first screen all the time. Works perfect.

Hi Guys, until this is sorted permanently through a firmware update. You can use the below URL to create a camera device. Feel free to edit the required changes, before, or you can edit these details and after the camera device is created(IP/URL/CREDENTIALS/etc)

http://Vera_Local_IP/port_3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreateDevice&deviceType=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2&UpnpDevFilename=D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml&Description=test&RoomNum=0&IpAddress=192.168.10.126&StateVariables=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1,URL=snapshot.cgi%0Aurn%3Amicasaverde-com%3AserviceId%3AHaDevice1%2CCommands%3Dcamera_full_screen%2Ccamera_archive_snapshot&Username=admin&Password=admin&Reload=1

Thanks! :smiley:

This returned a web page with 85 in the upper left hand corner, using page refresh I got an 86 returned, refreshing again generated a 500 Internal server error.
We only need to change the IP address to match our Local Vera, and not the second IP address for the camera, correct?

local IP of Vera is the most important. other info can be changed later from the generated camera. You can leave other info alone on the first run (smaller chances to break the syntax with invalid characters), and just put in the IP of Vera at the beginning.

you may have copied something wrong from the URL, or ran it multiple times without the engine having time to recover.
this command also reloads the engine, so if you’ve run it, give it 20 seconds or so for the engine to come back.

Yah, I just got it working. There is no apparent feedback when you put the URL in, so when I went to the UI there were a bunch of cameras that had been added.
It did work best for me to use my local Vera Ip (Of course) and then change the Camera IP plus the port number for the camera in the xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx format. I also changed the Username and passwords in the URL before copying it into the browser.
Working now! Thanks!

How do you delete a camera on VeraPlus UI7? I hit the “delete” button under Advanced settings. A dialog says the command was sent to delete camera, but it never goes away. :-\

I had posted a reply in this thread a few days ago, take a look. Got this info from a Support call:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,39322.0.html

Try this:

http://VERA_LOCAL_IP/port_3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=31

where 31 is the device ID of the camera, and can be found under the advanced settings of the camera.

As always I recommend creating a full backup, prior to doing any of this, in case you delete something else by mistake.

Try this:

Code: [Select]
http://VERA_LOCAL_IP/port_3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=31

where 31 is the device ID of the camera, and can be found under the advanced settings of the camera.

As always I recommend creating a full backup, prior to doing any of this, in case you delete something else by mistake.

That works for about one minute. Then the cameras re-appear…with the same device numbers.

When everything else fails … well, you can either restore the previously created backup, or contact customer care via email.

Odd things might happen when using a request to add information to user_data.