My UI4 upgrade was quite the ordeal (made worse by failure of my PC so I had to use a Netbook, and my router stopped working as well).
Somehow, my Vera 2, UI2, suddenly became “disconnected” at the same time my router stopped talking to the Internet. That is, it seemed to be running but there was no way I could get in to it (e.g. hardwired on ETH2 going to 192.168.81.1 did not work). I tried reboots and factory resets and there was just no getting to the webUI or telnet (or determining it’s IP for that matter; I tried the previously DHCP-assigned one before router failed).
So I got a new router and everything set up to restore internet connectivity, but Vera refused to go “online” (ETH1 double blinking), nor could I access it from it’s own hardwired ETH2 port or WiFi. I ended up using the Windows-based firmware loader and doing the plug-in-with-reset-held to get load the new firmware.
Based on the instructions and documentation, I assumed this would load the final build of UI2, but it turns out it was fairly recent UI4.
I skipped the wizard and went to the main UI4 page, which managed to talk to the internet and immediately prompted to upgrade to latest public UI4 beta. That upgrade went quickly and smoothly.
Following that, it appeared all my devices and scenes were gone. I tried pairing a single switch twice using the “option 2” method of Vera plugged into the battery pack and walking around. It took a very long time to boot, but then seemed to pair as usual with the fast-blink Zwave light. Returning to the PC, I plugged Vera back in to my router and clicked "Next’ in the wizard. It then showed a red bar saying something like “Make sure Vera is connected” and I tried Next again. I could not ever get past this page.
So I tried the “option 1”, which was to bring the devices to Vera while it was plugged in. Instead of doing that, I tried pairing to the wall switch about 5 feet away. It did the fast-blink on the Zwave light, but no new devices came up in the list on the page. I clicked the “my devices aren’t showing up” link where it said it was trying to reset them, but still nothing showed up…
I clicked the next button anyway, and the little 3D pocketwatch animation starting spewing messages for the next 20 minutes… it seems to have found every device, purged settings, re-associated, and all kinds of stuff through all my 40+ devices.
Finally it took me to the dashboard with all devices there (some names cropped and/or prefixed with _), and no scenes. But the devices all seemed to work great. I created a couple scenes (all off go to bed, turn on switched load in my leviton 4-button controller) and added them to one of the scene controllers. Configured and worked perfectly within a minute.
So the whole upgrade was pretty bizarre, but I think it is working now… I had to go to bed. I will finish recreating all my scenes today, but my Leviton scene controller is definitely working. It also now leaves the LED on when I put in a ‘run this scene when I deactivate button’ in the bottom set of dropdowns. While this makes sense and is probably what it should have done all along, I liked the old behaviour better (light off), as my ‘activate scene’ is “all off, bedside light on”, and my ‘deactivate scene’ is “bedside light to 75%, off after 10 seconds”. Now I have a bright shiny LED on the wall whereas before it went out.
The ‘cp.mios.com’ cannot seem to find Vera on my local network although it looks like my Internet issues are gone.