Two Veras - Vera3 and Vera Plus

I have searched the forum and haven’t found a definitive answer. I would like to know if I can have two Vera controllers operating in the same area independently. I have a Vera3 that I am using now. It doesn’t have enough memory to operate my system without restarting a little too often. I was hoping to add a Vera Plus and move most of my automation to it. Unfortunately, I need to use my old (existing) Vera3 with a plugin running UI5. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Mark

[quote=“MarkAgain, post:1, topic:192274”]I have searched the forum and haven’t found a definitive answer. I would like to know if I can have two Vera controllers operating in the same area independently. I have a Vera3 that I am using now. It doesn’t have enough memory to operate my system with restarting a little too often. I was hoping to add a Vera Plus and move most of my automation to it. Unfortunately, I need to use my old (existing) Vera3 with a plugin running UI5. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Mark[/quote]

Yes. Vera don’t know or care if its next door, down the street or in another state. You can have more then one and keep them seperatly.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will order one soon!

You can have one control the other using scenes and http calls from inside the LUUP part of the scenes. Works great to control scenes and devices on one from the other. Doesn’t matter if they are different models or on different UI versions.

For example, below example runs scene #21 on the vera with IP address 10.10.1.11

luup.inet.wget(“http://10.10.1.11:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=21”, 5, “”, “”)

Thank you BOFH for the additional info. I am sure I will use it as I get things configured.

Thanks again to integlikewhoa and BOFH

Mark

Another thing to consider is that if you split your devices between the two Vera’s, devices on one Vera will NOT relay zwave signals for devices on the other.