TV added (Now is Receiver Denon) on Vera and Trying create scene using that

Hi again !

I have added my TV LG 55" on the vera and this was ok…turning on and off and screen of addition…

now I want create a scene to turn on my tv on vera… is it possible ? my TV is disable in the scene creation screen and not accessible …

thanks for clear this for me.

I’ll be there !

Yes use the scenes advanced tab instead!

How are you controlling your LG tv with your Vera?

I’d imagine the OP is using the plugin from the app store, which communicates over Ethernet/Wireless

Interesting if it is via wireless / Ethernet (turning it on as well as other functions)

LG TV’s may be different but most IP enabled tv’s that I have had any experience with are only accessible on the network once they are turned on - I.e you can change volume, channels and turn it off via IP but can’t turn it on because it isn’t accessible / “online” until it is turn on via the power switch or tv remote.

I may be wrong and LG tv’s may be different but if this is the case I’d like to know how so I too can turn my tv on via IP / Vera scenes

:slight_smile:

Its either the Samsung or the LG, but I remember being some discussion in the one of the threads about there being a setting in the menu that allows it to do this.

Interesting, it must be the LG then. I have a Samsung smart TV and have been all through the settings but can’t find anything similar to this. You can do pretty much everything via the network except turn it on :frowning:

My LG tv do not have network interface…

I’m using sqblaster and a plugin to vera connect with my TV and anothers…

I can not enter in the screen to draw a remote control in vera3. is slow to load that screen.

I have given up to setting up tv. then I’m trying now to setting up my receiver DENON.

I include this…

but the screen CONTROL and Create a remote control do not runs.

I want create a scene when I turn on the home theater light the TV and receiver turns ON…

From sqblaster I have this running very well. but I have to click in the screen of my Ipad to start the macro. and I want click in wall switch light.

thanks for help

How did you add your TV?

what do you mean by add?

I have a DLNA Samsung TV i want to add it to my vera

[quote=“Piwtorak, post:8, topic:173110”]My LG tv do not have network interface…

I’m using sqblaster and a plugin to vera connect with my TV and anothers…

I can not enter in the screen to draw a remote control in vera3. is slow to load that screen.[/quote]

It doesn’t need to be a networked TV, the SQ blaster will do it just fine also via IR! I have a scene also that I control one of my TV’s this way, and once you have a working plugin created that’s associated to the SQ blaster plugin, creating a scene via the advanced tab is easy.

Have you created an IR plugin for your TV?

YEs !
I have installed with successful my sqblaster plugin and creates the IR devices and parent device showing the temperature…

all ok ate here !

I go in add device and add my Receiver and test the codes and turn on and off by inclusion screen of vera…I finish this…

next step !

create the remote control in vera…this screen do not runs…the Icon control in the device do not runs too…only please wait is displayed on screen…

in the automation and create scenes the device receiver denon is showed with one unavailable watermark. and do not available to create scenes with that.

what can happens ??

thanks !

Therealabdo !

I go in add device, IR device, select my IR device Sqblaster #15 IR aux Channel 1 (i.e.) and guide setup and choose the brand (denon)
and choose the codes what runs…and finish…

but when I go in avgear and click in control do not appears and nothing in the flash control screen to create the remote control.

in creation of scenes I can not choose the receiver to shoot a command.

[quote=“Piwtorak, post:12, topic:173110”]YEs !
I have installed with successful my sqblaster plugin and creates the IR devices and parent device showing the temperature…

all ok ate here !

I go in add device and add my Receiver and test the codes and turn on and off by inclusion screen of vera…I finish this…

next step !

create the remote control in vera…this screen do not runs…the Icon control in the device do not runs too…only please wait is displayed on screen…

in the automation and create scenes the device receiver denon is showed with one unavailable watermark. and do not available to create scenes with that.

what can happens ??

thanks ![/quote]

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you are just wanting to create scenes to do stuff, then you need to use the advanced tab of the scene you are creating. The remote builder is broken, so dont bother with trying to use it.

SQ remote will work fine, and if you want to control from your computer from the time being then go to the following page:

http://YourVeraIP:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke