tuya app switch

hi all can I add tuya app switch (wifi 2.4 touch switch) to vera plus?

Hello yehuda2525,

The tuya app is not yet compatible with Vera. However, I added an integration request for it. The request will need to go through a thorough analysis process and if it is approved, based on the priority, it will be added into the development queue.

Regards,

thank you mate :smiley:

[quote=“Maegda, post:2, topic:199995”]Hello yehuda2525,

The tuya app is not yet compatible with Vera. However, I added an integration request for it. The request will need to go through a thorough analysis process and if it is approved, based on the priority, it will be added into the development queue.

Regards,[/quote]

Hi…any update?..waiting for this too.

It will be months.

Highly recommend Home Assistant for this. It already has a component. Looking at it, it is not straightforward to extract the device token so I don’t think this will ever happen on the vera.

What is home assist?!

Homeseer has a Tuya app, if Vera want to compete then they need to provide it.

Home Assistant would have been an extra thread to the needle.

https://luckypatcher.pro/apk/

Home assistant is another automation controller. It is very actively community developed and has almost any integration possible. I have yet to find one that is not integrated. https://www.home-assistant.io
You can integrate the vera into it too…

I just ordered a Tuya app powered light strip. If Vera doesn’t start integrating things like this soon, I’ll be looking at the alternatives as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just noting that these devices are getting too cheap to ignore. I’m up to 3 Tuya app LED light strips for a total cost of $70. A local hardware store is offering a pair of Zilotek color bulbs for only $12.99 this weekend.
The Tuya Smart Life app truly sucks, not allowing all devices the same options, such as IFTTT and even grouping for scenes. Integration into Vera would be much appreciated.

It’s been a year since this post started.

Any news?..its 2nd on the queue?..is not at all on the queue???

Other platforms already did the job (apart from Homeseer, Amazon and Google)?

TUYA is a native Plug In in HS4, just waiting for the release…

I agree there should be more information about this and other proposed Apps that has been promised. Calling Sorin…

Anything new here? Bunnings here in Australia has just started to launch a range of products that use Grid Connect as the app / tech… don’t know what it’s based on, maybe WiFi… but it’s Tuya compatible from what I can find…

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/build-a-smart-home/grid-connect-compatible-products

Hi,

I have archived this using a Virtual HTTP Devices app, assgning a webhook IFTTT event to Tuya/Smart Life. I does not keep status updates but can switch on an off tuya devices and activate scenes

Regards,
Pedro

This won’t work for long as Tuya announced that they will be removing IFTTT integration.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ifttt/comments/g8vaul/tuyasmartlife_support_ending_for_ifttt/

1 Like

That is quite unfortunate that it never happened. It would be so amazing to have that integration in Vera. After many years, I pulled out of Vera finally this year because things started feeling so stale. The original UI lacks so many modern integrations and the new app-only one is so limited in general. I just couldn’t do it anymore. That app/hub isn’t in beta at all. It is still in alpha testing and has a long way to go if you look at everything. Meanwhile, I need a smart home that works. I have far too many devices and complex scenes to limit myself to the new hub/app and the old one just kept mucking up all the time. Tuya would be one of a number of integrations that would bring me back. Tuya, IFTTT, Lua code access (keeping it vs dropping it as they did in the new app-only approach), and enhanced stability so that scenes always work when you click on them vs sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. One day…because I always did like Vera and the potential it promised throughout the years.

1 Like

FYI, As I use HomeKit now at home, I’ve bought Tuya devices in using homebridge on a Pi4…. There is a local access plugin to remove cloud dependency too…