Turn on lights at night time when front door pin is entered

I am trying to configure Program Logic Event Generator to turn on the living rooms lights when my pin code is entered into my schlage lock when it is night time. I have the day/night plugin installed. On the PLEG device I made for this under Input → Triggers → Front door lock → A pin is entered → and configured it for the proper pin index number. Another trigger under this PLEG device I have set is Day or Night → event type: Day or night has arrived → Name for this trigger: Night → which mode: Device indicates Night time. Then under conditions the conditions tab I have one condition: TurnOnLights and the expression is (Night and Pin). Lastly on the actions tab I have set the TurnOnLights condition to turn on the living room light.

At one point I had it triggering the light when the pin code was entered however it wasn’t taking into consideration whether it was day or night. Anyways thanks in advance. Love the PLEG plugin.

Richard,

I’m unable to reply to your PM at the moment but in the mean time I’ve modified my original post to include an attachment of a screen shot of how I currently have it configured.

Thanks again for all of your great help.

I would love to see your screen shot because I have the same issue here. Or anyone can help?

It seems the lock stays true and I can’t make it work more than once.

Anyone?

[quote=“othentic, post:3, topic:175990”]I would love to see your screen shot because I have the same issue here. Or anyone can help?

It seems the lock stays true and I can’t make it work more than once.

Anyone?[/quote]

Your problem is probably different from the op of the thread, are you trying to fire an action everytime a specific pin index is entered on the keypad?

If so, once a specific pin code is entered, an expression is evaluated and becomes true, and stays true, subsequent tries to enter the same pin will not fire your action. The action will only fire as the expression becomes true which only occurs once (unless of course a different pin is entered in the meantime)

In your condition tab, name your condition starting with an underscore like _BrentPINEntered The condition expression for this would be something similar to what the op posted BrentPin

HTH
Chris

Yeah that’s what I figured finally. I had to add the _ before the condition.

Many thanks for the reply. It works perfectly now.