Turn off thermostat based on GeoFencing.

Hi all,

I have a zwave enabled RadioThermostat. Is it possible to turn off the thermostat based on GeoFencing, as in like if i am at a certain location (my office), the thermostat turns itself off.
And then turns back on just half an hour before i reach home… I dont think its a good option to turn this on based on time, as my arrival time at home may vary on different times during the afternoon or late evening.
Anways, I do realize that this is possible wtih Nest, but i was wondering if this can be achieved wtih Vera and a zwave enabled thermostat?

Need your help with this. Please note, i do use tasker on my android phone, and am aware of autolocation, although never used it.

[quote=“Exorcist, post:1, topic:190792”]Hi all,

I have a zwave enabled RadioThermostat. Is it possible to turn off the thermostat based on GeoFencing, as in like if i am at a certain location (my office), the thermostat turns itself off.
And then turns back on just half an hour before i reach home… I dont think its a good option to turn this on based on time, as my arrival time at home may vary on different times during the afternoon or late evening.
Anways, I do realize that this is possible wtih Nest, but i was wondering if this can be achieved wtih Vera and a zwave enabled thermostat?

Need your help with this. Please note, i do use tasker on my android phone, and am aware of autolocation, although never used it.[/quote]

I use Vera Proximity along with ping sensor to know if I’m home or away.
I can then base different things off of that.

With a Multiswitch (virtual switch) plugin in vera, the vera proximity app on my andriod phone and PLEG for the logic I do quiet abit.

IF you want something simple you can setup a scene to run from Vera Proximity to directly do what you want.