Turn 2 lights on with the same switch

Hello,

I have a light in our porch, and a light outside. Currently these are independently controlled using two switches, connected at the same pattress box. There are only two wires for each switch, so I believe this makes it a two wire? This means that I have to use two fibaro dimmers rather than one 2x1.5kw switch module, as that requires 3 wire.

Rather than using two, I would be happy for both lights to come on at the same time, so need to hook them up together. My understanding is that I only need to basically connect the two live to the same switch, and the two neutral to the same switch. I’ve attached two pictures, one of the current setup, and the other of what I am proposing.

Would this work? If so, then I can just wire up the fibaro dimmer as I would normally.

Thanks for the help.

Yes that is no problem provided that the two lights are on the same circuit fed from the same circuit-breaker.

Also the total load must be less than the rated capacity of the dimmer.

I take it having both lights on, turning off the circuit breaker and them both going off proves its on the same circuit?

Thanks for the help

I take it having both lights on, turning off the circuit breaker and them both going off proves its on the same circuit?

I would say so. :wink: