Trouble with Setup

I am having a couple of issues with the setup. The first is that two units are being listed when it searches for the Vera2 during the inital setup. They both have the same ip address but there are two different numbers Vera2 ID numbers, one that corresponds to my Vera2 unit and another I don’t recognize. I proceeded through setup using the number of my unit.

The first thing I am asked to do is update the firmware. I go through the update process and it indicates I have been updated to 1.1.1008. I hit continue and then get the same message telling me to update my firmware. If I go through another update it simply goes through the same process and indicates it has been updated to 1.1.1008. If I choose not to upgrade again it does let me proceed with the set up but something seems amiss.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

When you first searched for the unit which vera service were you using? Were you using findvera.com or were you using cp.mios.com? When you upgrade to UI4 which is 1.1.1008 that you have, you will need to log into cp.mios.com to proceed. When I first got my unit, it came with UI2 and I used findvera.com, but then used cp.mios.com after UI4 upgrade.

• Garrett

Thanks, I decided to just ignore it and move on to the setup and it took me to UI4. I am assuming the other unit belongs to.a neighbor near by as the house is in a vacation community and I didn’tsecure the wireless yet.

[quote=“Dave826, post:1, topic:166366”]I am having a couple of issues with the setup. The first is that two units are being listed when it searches for the Vera2 during the inital setup. They both have the same ip address but there are two different numbers Vera2 ID numbers, one that corresponds to my Vera2 unit and another I don’t recognize. I proceeded through setup using the number of my unit.

The first thing I am asked to do is update the firmware. I go through the update process and it indicates I have been updated to 1.1.1008. I hit continue and then get the same message telling me to update my firmware. If I go through another update it simply goes through the same process and indicates it has been updated to 1.1.1008. If I choose not to upgrade again it does let me proceed with the set up but something seems amiss.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks[/quote]

I have the same issue as mios sees two Veras but I know for a fact that they are both mine as the serial numbers match. Once I clicked on the old Vera then something very strange happened. I now see both units listed with the same IP address without the dashboard so I cannot do anything with either one, and when I try to add the new Vera it hangs. Strangely enough the old system is not even powered up.