Touch Screen Scene Controller - Mono

Yes, I know Kickstarter projects can be iffy, but if it works out, Mono looks like it would be a great scene controller because of its touch interface and easy customizability. Thoughts??

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/709997023/1383236763?token=cdb764a8

You can get a crappy android tablet that does more for less money.

In a lot of cases (especially wall controllers) you don’t want it to do more. Appearance, battery life and such are much more important than tons of functions.

I’ve done a few similar projects; I still have a simple Arduino-based scene controller with touch screen lying around, but turning these prototypes into something nice to stick on/on the wall is still a challenge. A ready made Arduino solution would be most welcome, I wish they’d offer a version with a 2.4GHz radio so we can use the MySensor libraries for comms.

This is going to be the wall controller to beat once they release it. They’ve hit a reasonable price point which undercuts the less extensible wall controllers like the Evolve. Plus you get the benefits of not having to worry about how you power it.

http://www.getbrightswitch.com/

@TC1- I too have high hopes for this switch, but…

[quote="bRight Switch "]…This means our new projection is to have the product ready to ship in the first quarter of next year.

Our new delivery goal is now the first quarter of next year.[/quote]

This is the second major slip in delivery. I feel like I’ve been down this road to disappointment so many times already.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:5, topic:183583”]@TC1- I too have high hopes for this switch, but…

[quote="bRight Switch "]…This means our new projection is to have the product ready to ship in the first quarter of next year.

Our new delivery goal is now the first quarter of next year.[/quote]

This is the second major slip in delivery. I feel like I’ve been down this road to disappointment so many times already.[/quote]

I can’t disagree with you. My only hope is that these folks are at least:

a) communicating with the public/customers on a regular basis.
b) putting out photos, videos, etc of the prototypes.
c) soliciting feedback during the development cycle (not AFTER the fact) from the current/potential customer base.

All the things that a certain company we all know doesn’t do ::slight_smile:

But you are absolutely right Z-Waver, talk is cheap, the proof is in the pudding (or on the UPS truck for delivery). Fingers crossed.

Have to agree with you here.

I’m using an eBay tablet and imperihome and very happy.

The challenge with any of the smart switches is that they all require a neutral at the switch which in Oz doesn’t happen. Wall switches are ok but what about ones that are on a small door frame. Nightmare to say the least.

That said the getbrightswitch with motion does look pretty nice…

Isn’t it possible to get a cheap tablet with a face plate bracket and install it in the wall.

Similar to this link

Running the power supply in the wall and to a power source. You can also get a zwave outlet to control the power on and off automatically to conserve battery. For the gui create a photoshop image of your house or room, create hotspots when a certain section of the image is touched will trigger an action to vera. Make this image the default. I am trying to find an easier way to make a map at the moment since my photoshop skills aren’t the best. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts let me know

Looks like a hardware solution to a software need. ???