TKB TZ77 RGBW Dimmer Module

TKB TZ77 RGBW Dimmer module was added to Vera as a Generic Z-Wave device.

The device is added as five devices, a main parent device and 4 colour channel devices RGBW etc.

switch_dimmer1 => White
switch_dimmer2 => Red
switch_dimmer3 => Green
switch_dimmer4 => Blue

I renamed the devices appropriately.

Masterbed RGB Dimmer is the parent device and the master dimmer control.

I named each of the individual colour channels.

You could hide the Red, Green, Blue devices from the Vera UI7 web GUI is you wanted too, as its the RGB Controller plugin device that will control the LED strip and setting the colours.

I used the RGB Controller plugin and create a new plugin device and assigned the colour channels. I used the Device Type “RGBW Dimmers”

I am using a RGB LED strip so no actual white.

I renamed the RGB Controller plugin device to Masterbed LEDs this is the device that I will use in the Imperihome app with its colour wheel.

RGB Colour Wheel device in the Imperihome mobile app.

You can change the parent device the “main dimmer” to a Vera RGB device.

To do this go in to the device then select Advanced and on the Params tab change the following:

device_type:

To: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:2

device_file

To: D_DimmableRGBLight2.xml

device_json

To: D_DimmableRGBLight2.json

However there are issues with using the parent device for dimming and brightening, read further below.

By default when the LED strip is turned off the Blue LED on the module stays lit up.

I changed parameter 1 to 0 so that the Blue LED light will be off when the LED strip is off. Seems to make more sense having it this way.

Exactly how I did it. Nice write up, sir

C

1 Like

The “ToggleState” function of the RGB Controller plugin doesn’t appear to work in a Vera scene.

I have an Aeotec Minimote and one button that I wanted to run a Vera scene, to turn on or off the LED strip light.

I had to use LUA code in a scene instead and assigned that scene to a single button on my Minimote.

Where device ID#434 is the ID number of the RGB Controller plugin device.

local device=434
local switchOnOff = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", device)
if (switchOnOff == "1") then
-- Switch is on
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", {newTargetValue = "0"}, device)
else
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", {newTargetValue = "1"}, device)
end

@catman

I take it you also have this issue ?

If you use the main parent device the main dimmer, if you dim down or up it loses the colour you were previously on ?

Say you have the strip set to solid Red colour #FF0000. So only the red channel is turned on to 100%.

If you dim down it dims down all the colour channels to that percentage, so you lose the colour you were on. Same with brighten it brightens all the colour channels rather than just the one that was active at the time.

The Fibaro RGBW module doesn’t do this and I am able to dim and brighten just one colour the active colour etc.

I think I’ll stick to buying the Fibaro RGBW modules rather than buying any more of these cheaper TKB RGBW modules.