Temporarily disarm door sensor

Hi all!

I’m a bit lost with a special use-case in my Vera setup.

I have a door sensor and a wall-switch. I want the door sensor to trigger a push message to my phone if it is trapped. However if it is trapped and the wall-switch gets switched on and off again within the first 20 seconds after the door sensor was trapped, I want no push message but I want to disarm the door sensor to get disarmed for 2 minutes.

Sounds pretty easy but I could not figure out how to get this task done. :frowning:

I hope somebody can help me with this!?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[quote=“gatogatogato, post:1, topic:181797”]Hi all!

I’m a bit lost with a special use-case in my Vera setup.

I have a door sensor and a wall-switch. I want the door sensor to trigger a push message to my phone if it is trapped. However if it is trapped and the wall-switch gets switched on and off again within the first 20 seconds after the door sensor was trapped, I want no push message but I want to disarm the door sensor to get disarmed for 2 minutes.

Sounds pretty easy but I could not figure out how to get this task done. :frowning:

I hope somebody can help me with this!?

Thanks a lot in advance![/quote]

Use PLEG:
http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/PLEG/example/twostate.html

Thanks for the reply - but after reading the example I am just more confused. I even bought the license for the PLTS/PLEG but I just can’t manage to get it running as I described.

Can you give me a more specific hint?

[quote=“gatogatogato, post:3, topic:181797”]Thanks for the reply - but after reading the example I am just more confused. I even bought the license for the PLTS/PLEG but I just can’t manage to get it running as I described.

Can you give me a more specific hint?[/quote]

If you want to trigger stuff within 20 seconds, PLEG is no option for you as it evaluates its timers every (whole) minute. Minimum interval with PLEG is therefor 1 minute. Use a countdown timer instead, and set it to run 20 seconds. Try something like (in PLEG, after downloading and setting up the countdown timer):

Triggers:
ArmedDoorSensorTripped – Door tripped while armed
WallSwitchOn – Device is turned on
TimerCompleted – Countdown timer finished after running for 20 seconds

Conditions:
StartTimer - ArmedDoorSensorTripped – Start the 20 seconds countdown timer when the armed door sensor is tripped
CancelTimer/DisarmSensor - (StartTimer;WallSwitchOn) AND (WallSwitchOn;!WallSwitchOn) – cancel the timer and disarm the door sensor when (wallswitch turned on after the timer was started) and (wallswitch turned off after it was turned on)
SendPushMessage - TimerCompleted – when the timer completes (wasn’t cancelled by the condition above), send a push message

PLEG is no option for you as it evaluates its timers every (whole) minute.

This is NOT true.
The prefefined NOW timer is evaluated every minute.

There are plenty of examples of PLEG that use accurate sub minute timers … They use Self (RE-) Triggered timers. They require a few more steps compared to using NOW.
See Rex’s excellent guide for using these:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

[quote=“duiffie, post:4, topic:181797”]Triggers:
ArmedDoorSensorTripped – Door tripped while armed
WallSwitchOn – Device is turned on
TimerCompleted – Countdown timer finished after running for 20 seconds

Conditions:
StartTimer - ArmedDoorSensorTripped – Start the 20 seconds countdown timer when the armed door sensor is tripped
CancelTimer/DisarmSensor - (StartTimer;WallSwitchOn) AND (WallSwitchOn;!WallSwitchOn) – cancel the timer and disarm the door sensor when (wallswitch turned on after the timer was started) and (wallswitch turned off after it was turned on)
SendPushMessage - TimerCompleted – when the timer completes (wasn’t cancelled by the condition above), send a push message[/quote]

Heureka! This did the trick. Thank you so very much!!! Obviously it’s easy when you see it :o

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:181797”]

PLEG is no option for you as it evaluates its timers every (whole) minute.

This is NOT true.
The prefefined NOW timer is evaluated every minute.

There are plenty of examples of PLEG that use accurate sub minute timers … They use Self (RE-) Triggered timers. They require a few more steps compared to using NOW.
See Rex’s excellent guide for using these:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html[/quote]

Thanks for mentioning the manual. I did not know this before. I will have a look at it for my next project.
Actually I found the examples on your website a little bit too short - I guess they are only helpful for more experienced PLEG/PLTS users.