Temperature reported on dashboard is not the same as in the Advanced_Tab Current

Can anyone help me understand the readings I see when looking at any of my temperature sensors; for example, I have a AEONLABS multi-sensors (that reports the current temperature/humidity in the house), I have the Weather plugin (that reports outside temperature/humidity in my city) and I have my HVAC thermostat that reports the current temperature of the house and it controls my HVAC). All these 3 devices are included in my z-wave network.

And by the way, for a test, I moved my AEONLABS sensor right next to my HVAC thermostat (so I expect that after a day or so, they should be in similar conditions and report similar temperature levels? anyways, that’s not the point)

The point is, for example, currently when I look at the icon of my AEONLABS in the dashboard, it reports a Temperature in the house of 18C (64.4F) But when I open the “wrench” and go to the Advanced Tab, the CurrentTemperature displayed in the Variables is 20C (68F)? so which one is right? 64.4F or 68F?

Similarly, if I look at the icon of my Weather plugin in the dashboard, it reports an Outside Temperature of -4.6C (23.7F) When I open the “wrench” and go to the Advanced Tab, the CurrentTemperature displayed in the Variables is -1.9C (28.6F)? so which one is right? 23.7F or 28.6F?

(by the way, only my HVAC thermostat reports the same degree on its dashboard icon And inside the advanced tab; which is 20C (68F))

***Also note that the same thing happens with the humidity level reported by the devices, what they show on their respective icons in the dashboard is not the same value as they hold in their Variables (in Advanced Tab)

My guess is that the CurrentTemperature shown in the Variable value (in the advanced tab) are the correct one, but why isn’t it reflected properly in the dashboard icon? Has anybody else noticed this? Is this a bug? Or is it something I don’t understand?

Thank you
Claude

The Advanced tab has a cached value of the variables at the time the Vera Dashboard is loaded.

If you want to get a new value … you must refresh your browser.

Ok I see that. Thank you.
So just to confirm, the “real” value that is always up to date is the icon showing on the dashboard?

The temperature is not an icon … but yep, the dashboard value is correct.

excellent. Thank you :slight_smile: