TCP Connected and Z-wave Switch

Hello!

I grabbed a TCP Connected system based on the posts I’ve read here and been quite happy. I want to enhance the system a bit and I wanted to see if anyone had experience with using a Z-wave switch to control the TCP bulbs. Something like associating a WT00Z-1 with the TCP “chandelier”. Anybody actually tried this?

Thanks!

You can only use association between Z-Wave devices and TCP Connected does not use Z-Wave. See TCP Connected Control Code for an alternative approach.

Sorry. I knew that. Associated was the wrong word. :wink: Thanks for the reference though. That looks like it will get done what I need.

I have something similar but its a bit convoluted. So turning the zwave outlet on will switch on all the bulbs at 100% and if you want to dim them you have to use your app anyway.
I’ve also had bulbs become disassociated after being powered off for a longer period of time.

I’m thinking of getting one of those scene controller switches instead; therefore leaving them powered and have 0%, 25%, 50%, and 100% dim scenes.

Just picked up some scene switches. I’ll let you know how it goes.