Taking a very long time to 'check credentials' after entering user/pass

Hi,

Am on day 3 with my new Vera Plus. First time vera owner. First time what is described below is happening to me.

Today, trying entering my credentials at to login via https://home.getvera.com/users/login it takes a very long time (multiple minutes) to log in. This or I get a ‘Service not available’ error.

Once I do get logged in, it again takes minutes to load the controllers and then minutes again to actually connect to the controller (have ‘checking connection’ displayed the entire time). Once finally connected to my controller, navigating around is snappy, so I don’t think the problem is on my end.

This wouldn’t be such a big deal, but once into my controller (url changes to lan ip address), I keep getting a message that I will be logged out in 5 minutes. This happens after about 15 minutes of being logged in and happens while I am actively doing stuff - setting up scenes, etc.

I have tried restarting the controller.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? Is this a regular ‘thing’ with the vera service?

When I am on my home network, is there anyway to log in directly to the controller and bypass the vera website altogether? When I try connecting directly via the lan ip it always boots me back out to the webpage if I want to login.

I have got the same problem. When I try to connect via my local IP, I get fairly quick access. But if I want to look at any error messages, it wants me to log in again.

[quote=“foghat, post:1, topic:191144”]Hi,

Am on day 3 with my new Vera Plus. First time vera owner. First time what is described below is happening to me.

Today, trying entering my credentials at to login via https://home.getvera.com/users/login it takes a very long time (multiple minutes) to log in. This or I get a ‘Service not available’ error.

Once I do get logged in, it again takes minutes to load the controllers and then minutes again to actually connect to the controller (have ‘checking connection’ displayed the entire time). Once finally connected to my controller, navigating around is snappy, so I don’t think the problem is on my end.

This wouldn’t be such a big deal, but once into my controller (url changes to lan ip address), I keep getting a message that I will be logged out in 5 minutes. This happens after about 15 minutes of being logged in and happens while I am actively doing stuff - setting up scenes, etc.

I have tried restarting the controller.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? Is this a regular ‘thing’ with the vera service?

When I am on my home network, is there anyway to log in directly to the controller and bypass the vera website altogether? When I try connecting directly via the lan ip it always boots me back out to the webpage if I want to login.[/quote]

You just are not lucky, the problem got out just today. Locally, also, I can not get to the latest firmware.

I’also have the same problem :frowning:

If you look at http://status.getvera.com

– INVESTIGATING INCIDENT: home.getvera.com login issues Subscribe
Investigating - We are experiencing some issues and you may be unable to login through home.getvera.com

Our apologies for any inconvenience this incident has cause.

As always, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email us at support@getvera.com.

Sincerely,

Network Operations Team
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comstatus@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272
Feb 20, 09:21 PST –

You what version of firmware?

You what version of firmware?[/quote]

As I write this, things seem to be back to normal.

They’re having some issues http://status.getvera.com/

I’ve seen performance issues in other areas as well. Even wiki.micsasaverde.com having issue and returning SQL errors.

Pure speculation follows:

I suspect that they are “enjoying” a significant increase in traffic with their new launch and that they might be doing some cloudy server juggling at AWS. This usually brings lots of “unanticipated” things to the surface.

It’ll be an inconvenience, but I expect it will get resolved in a a little time.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:7, topic:191144”]They’re having some issues http://status.getvera.com/

I’ve seen performance issues in other areas as well. Even wiki.micsasaverde.com having issue and returning SQL errors.

Pure speculation follows:

I suspect that they are “enjoying” a significant increase in traffic with their new launch and that they might be doing some cloudy server juggling at AWS. This usually brings lots of “unanticipated” things to the surface.

It’ll be an inconvenience, but I expect it will get resolved in a a little time.[/quote]

Good link to have handy. Thanks.

As of the 5th of April, this problem is still occurring. I can’t get past “Checking Credentials” for the last 2 hours. Opened a support case, will try again in the morning.

I just installed my VeraPlus a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t noticed any of the problems mentioned.
I notice that the firmware version mentioned was 1.7.1754

When I checked my device it shows version 1.7.1786

When I look on Vera’s release notes, the highest version shown is 1.7.1754
So am I running a beta version? There doesn’t appear to be any notes for the version I have installed.

Just wondering.
Cliff

My Vera Plus indicates the latest firmware version is [font=verdana][size=12px]1.7.1754.[/size][/font]

[quote=“Cliff1745, post:10, topic:191144”]I just installed my VeraPlus a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t noticed any of the problems mentioned.
I notice that the firmware version mentioned was 1.7.1754

When I checked my device it shows version 1.7.1786

When I look on Vera’s release notes, the highest version shown is 1.7.1754
So am I running a beta version? There doesn’t appear to be any notes for the version I have installed.

Just wondering.
Cliff[/quote]
Did you very recently start your plus for the first time. They download the latest firmware before initialising. I wonder if thee is a new version just about to be released and they have put it out to new devices first.
Just a guess

Yes, I just got my VeraPlus about 2 weeks ago. This firmware was already installed I guess since I didn’t have to upgrade or do anything special.
I’ve just been a little curious why there were no release notes on Vera’s site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When mine arrived it updated itself before it allowed me to link it to my account. Perhaps that have started putting a new firmware on ones currently being supplied.

Anyone else with a new plus confirm this?

I got my VeraPlus two weeks ago and it also came with 1.7.1786

I am trying to find the release notes for this as well.

I know it is an old post but I am having problems login in to my vera through the site “getvera.com” . It is stuck at “checking credentials” for half an hour now. status.getvera.com reports everything is ok. UI5 by the way. No problem getting status updates on my phone.