Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW

So you lights on group 2 work using Vera? I cannot easily test myself but I think you do not need a child device. I expect that it is sufficient to create a new device for which you then define the other group. You create the device via the develop apps menu. Select create device, add device type urn:schemas-dcineco-com:device:DimmableLightRGBW:1 give it a name, add up and port and add the implementation file I_MiLightRGBW.xml and the device file D_MiLightRGBW.xml. Create the device and reload zwave engine. Under variables you have to add the group. Probably the variables do not display this the first time. Rebooting the Vera should solve this or try reloading zwave engine one more time.

How did you fix this? Iā€™m seeing the exact same problem :frowning:

Thanks!

[quote=ā€œjimmyhtz, post:76, topic:194299ā€]OK, I donā€™t know if the last posts were for me or not, but I followed them anyways.

I was able to download and run the LimitlessLEDv6 program.
I noticed that it uses UDP port 48899, so I port forwarded it on my router.

The program was able to read all the information of my Mi-Light Bridge, but when I sent a command (to change a color, turn on/off) it said it was successful, but the LED strips did not respond.
I checked my iPhone App (also connects to the Mi-Light Bridge) and the commands works from the App.

I looked at all of your settings from your screenshots, and the only one that needed changing was the mode setting. I copied the values from your screenshot.

The LED strip still did not enroll from the Device.[/quote]

Sander als, what problem do you have? What works and what doesnā€™t work? What steps did you take so far to get it working?

I tried the following and it does not work (Vera Edge).
I. I downloaded the MilLghtRGBW plugin from Mios Apps
II. I followed these instructions, post no. 59 of on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:44 am

1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
  2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
  3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;
I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml
  1. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
  2. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

I need help.

This is what I did and itā€™s working good so farā€¦
Iā€™m attaching the modified ā€˜I_MiLightRGBW.xmlā€™ file. How Iā€™m updating the file on my Vera is included below. Please note, it is possible to mess up your Vera if you do something wrong, etcā€¦

1. SCP the attached ā€˜I_MiLightRGBW.xmlā€™ file to your Vera, my preference is to put in into the ā€˜/root/ā€™ folder, since thereā€™s generally not much if anything there. I like to use WinSCP if Iā€™m on a windows box to do the copy.
  2. Connect to your Vera via SSH and verify youā€™re in the right directory (ā€˜pwdā€™ works perfectly for this).
  3. Once you have the file on your Vera, youā€™ll need to make a backup of the original pluginā€™s ā€˜I_MiLightRGBW.xmlā€™ file. The easiest option is to copy it to a new filename.
    Code: [Select]
    cp /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /root/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo.backup
  4. Now that you have your original plugin backed up, weā€™ll need to compress the new file:
    pluto-lzo c I_MiLightRGBW.xml I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
  5. The compressed plugin file now needs to be copied over the original plugin, in the ā€˜/etc/cmh-ludlā€™ folder
    cp I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
  6. From the Vera interface, youā€™ll need to browse to ā€˜Settingsā€™ > ā€˜Z-Wave Settingsā€™ > ā€˜Advancedā€™. Here youā€™ll need to click the GO button for the ā€˜Reload Engineā€™ option. This will restart LUUP and load the new plugin file.
  7. If you want to look at the live log info while sending control commands, you can tail the uPNP log file
    tail -f /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

At this point, you should be able to control your Mi-Light/Limitless LED lights via the new bridge. Please note, the modified file will NOT work with the older bridges.

Iā€™m happy to receive feedback, etc. on this but do keep in mind it is a work in progress and I donā€™t have every feature updated and working in this version of the plugin fileā€¦

I_MiLightRGBW.xml (25.13 kB - downloaded 17 times.)

I would like to thank this community for the work done to implement the new iBOX Wifi Bridge from MiLightā€¦ the instructions and the implementation file worked perfectly for me and I now have a great mix of both old style and new style MiLight WiFi boxes happily controlling my LEDs.

Just one suggestionā€¦ earlier in this thread the instructions were to SSH into Vera and copy across and then move the new implementation file. I did not do it this way because I have a mix of old and new MiLight boxes.

Instead, I did this;

1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
  2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
  3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;
I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml
  1. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
  2. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

Voila. Easy. Now you can have both controllers co-exist.

Finally found the issue to be a port setting. Although documentation talks about 8899 it turned out I had to use 5987.
@kd7gab thanks a lot for your effort making this plugin work on wifi bridge V6.[/quote]

You need to follow all those stepsā€¦ you got to start with the file link to this postā€¦

[quote=ā€œkd7gab, post:29, topic:194299ā€]For those interested in this topic, I apologize for the long delay in responding. Life has had other plans for most of my time off lately. Back to the topic at handā€¦

I recently updated the firmware on my Vera and found the modified plugin stopped working on me. After running some packet captures, I realized the plugin was not sending an ON command to the WiFi bridge. This same issue might be what a couple people mentioned about it not working for them. Iā€™ve made some modifications to the plugin to issue an ON command whenever a new, non-zero light level is commanded. This seems to be the main change needed. Additionally, this could be related to a new approach Vera may be taking to how they handle an ON command for a device.

On the comments about not being about to use this in a scene, Iā€™ve not had any scene usage issues until the latest firmware. Iā€™ll note, I am using a Vera 3 for my development efforts. Iā€™ve started to consider upgrading to a Vera Secure but will likely wait for the $$ to come back down. If youā€™re using one of the newer Veras, you might notice differing behaviors from what Iā€™m seeing my end. The reason Iā€™m pointing out the potential behavioral differences is Vera is on significantly different firmware versions for the older units when compared to the newer generation of Veras.

Iā€™ve attached the updated implementation file (I_MiLightRGBW.xml). This one should work better than the last files Iā€™ve posted. Please feel free to manipulate the code if you want, Iā€™d love to see Limitless LED/Mi Light get better support on Vera. If I can devote more time to this effort, Iā€™ll try to figure out how to build a full on plug-in or at least modify the existing plug-in.

~Jon

*Added note about use in a scene (1:12 PM PST 11/4/2017)[/quote]

I mean this fileā€¦

Iā€™m still using the old MiLight WiFi controller and the Vera plugin still works. But I want to upgrade to the newer iBox2 controller. I see that enthusiastic users have made adaptions to some files (.xml) but I cannot download this file anymore.

@Viruta can you please post it again ?

Not sure if it helps but check this link to the previous forum. It does include links to the downloads you are looking for.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,40126.15.html.

I installed a new iBox2 and did some tests with a RGBW bulb. I can control it perfect via the Milight 3.0 app and a Milight remote. But I cannot get the Vera plugin working. I downloaded the adapted plugin files (dated june 2018) from the old forum and uploaded these (via develop apps) after installing the original plugin via the appstore on my test Vera Edge. I filled in correct ip adress and group nr. I tried both port numbers 8899 and 5987. But it still does not work
Who has this working and can help me?

I have a similar setup working via Vera+. Not sure if I can help but I can try. First you should check your setup by using the windows tool. It is Handy as you can discover what exact settings are needed. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=87358.0;attach=38542

You must be able to control you lights through this tool. If that doesnā€™t work it will also not work via Vera.

1 Like

Many thanks for your support and quick reaction. I have downloaded the tool and can control my test bulb with it. I see here portnumber 5987. I tried that already but did it again and cleared cache (CTRL-F5)
Still not working. Did a luup reload. Still not working.

And then suddenly after a couple of attempts (just pushing on and off buttons)ā€¦ it suddenly works!
I can now use on/off, change brightness level, use the colour buttons. SetHue also works. The only buttons that donā€™t work are setMode and setRate. Are these working in your setup ?

Well thatā€™s good news. Nice.

I do not use setMode and setRate. I only use it in scenes to switch on and off and to change color settings depending on time of day.

Just tested using Hue in a scene via Lua code: this works !

using DiscoMode in a scene via Lua code: this does not workā€¦
I think this should be adapted somewhere in the plugin files.

Indeed this is not implemented well in the current I_MiLightRGBW.xml.

While the bridge expects something like 31 00 00 08 06 04 00 00 00 (you can read that from the tool), the current xml file expects ā€œlocal SetModeCmd = string.char(0x31, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04)ā€. The 04 in this string stands for the disco mode selected.

I didnā€™t check it further, what would be the use case for this disco mode (I never use itā€¦)

I have been looking into this xml file and made some changes. I can now set the DiscoMode and its rate.
I_MiLightRGBW.zip (5.2 KB)

Just unzip the xml and upload it using the Veraā€™s upload file option under develop apps. I have tested this on a VeraLite. I didnā€™t do extensive testing but seems to be okay (but still at your own risc, you can save your current xml before uploading this changed version)

Yes I know the drill. I will test it coming weekend. Thank you for adapting the file, otherwise I would have done it myself

Hi All,
I know this is normally for Vera clients but I recently bough some milights rgbw/WW/CW and a milighthub with the esp266 (/sidoh) and now Iā€™m trying to send udp commands.
It doesnā€™t work. Any help?
What port do I need to send, which hex commands?

Sorry to revive this old thread.
With your help I got most of my milight bulbs working on the iBox2 with your adapted xml file and using the limitlessLED v6 tool.
But this only count for the bulbs that I could link to the most left remote in the MiLight app. THis is in fact a RGB-WW (or RG-CCT) remote. Only then they work in the tool and in Vera.
It even works with ledstrips connected to a FUT038 led controller which is in fact an RGBW type.

Butā€¦ it does not work when I link some older RGBW bulbs. I can only link those in the MiLight app to the 2nd or 3rd remote (which are RGBW remotes). I can control them fine from the Milight app but it does not work in the LimitllessLED v6 tool and not in the Vera plugin. It seems these bulbs needs other UPD commands or can I change a setting somewhere ???
Ik did quite some googling and found out in Home Assistant and Domoticz you can choose bridge type (v4 v5 v6) and lamp type (RGBW or RGBWW) and then it works.

Do you OR other users of Milight RGBW bulbs have any idea to get this working ?
I still can get them working on the old Wifi bridge using the old Miligt app (which is not available anymore in the app stores) and the old original version of the Vera Plugin.

But I really prefer to use only the iBox2 plus the Milight 3.0 app plus the adapted Vera plugin.

Any help is much appreciated !!

I did a quick check on the device settings. The group variable defines which zone is used. I have tested this and I was able to switch different zones on and off by changing this group variable.