Standard uk light switch replacement

I just installed a Z-wave.me Duwi switch module this one (ZME_06431), these have the uprated firmware, I can confirm if I manually at the wall, turn on or off this switch the status is updated in VeraLite UI immediately. Unlike the standard Duwi switches which VeraLite takes a while to pick up the new status of the switch.

This new Z-wave.me Duwi switch is in my entrance porch and is connected to the outside porch lamp. Now if only I can get the double tap on the switch to run a scene to turn on the downstairs lights as we are entering the house. If possible?

From the Z-wave Europe site here it says:

Item-No: ZME_06431

Compared to the standard Duwi firmware this product offers a series of important enhancements.

Works well within networks controlled by an IP gateway
status changes are reported back to IP gateway in real time
switching paddles can be used to control scenes in gateway

Link to 06431 User Manual

Attached image is the Z-wave.me Duwi switch in VeraLite

On a UP Double tap I would like to turn on 3 other lights downstairs.
On a Down Double tap I would like to turn off 3 other lights downstairs.

Does anyone know how to set this up with VeraLite ? Or can I just program the Z-wave.me switch to directly control these other lights?

From the user manual:

The Flush-Mountable supports single and double paddle click to control other
Z-Wave devices. The relationship between a controller paddle click and an
action on a different Z-Wave device is called association. If there are different
buttons or different ways to operate a button this may result in different
actions. Devices that receive the same command from such an action are
referred to as association groups.
Refer to your Z-Wave Controller instructions to add devices in these
association groups. A PC gateway/controller gives you the most comfortable
and powerful way to configure your device.

Action"on"button"double"press"or"hold"(parameter"No"14,"size"1"byte)
Defines which command should be sent on button double press or press-hold.
Basic commands are sent to Association group. Switch All commands are
sent broadcast. If not disabled, the device will wait for a click timeout to see if
the second click would be pressed. This will introduce a small delay for single
click commands

Values:
0 Disabled (don’t wait for double click, default)
1 Switch On, Off and dim using Basic Set
2 Switch All On/Off

This works on single click but is not what I want.

I have a scene called Welcome Home, this scene turns on the lights in the living room and kitchen.
Under this Welcome Home scene on the triggers tab, I created a new trigger see screen shot. I set the trigger as Porch Light On.

Now when I turn the porch light on (Single Click) also the living room and kitchen lights come one.

But I would like single click to only turn on / off the porch light

and double click to run the Welcome Home Scene.

Thanks

Action"on"button"double"press"or"hold"(parameter"No"14,"size"1"byte)
Defines which command should be sent on button double press or press-hold.
Basic commands are sent to Association group. Switch All commands are
sent broadcast. If not disabled, the device will wait for a click timeout to see if
the second click would be pressed. This will introduce a small delay for single
click commands
Values:
0 Disabled (don’t wait for double click, default)
1 Switch On, Off and dim using Basic Set
2 Switch All On/Off

Reading the above, on the porch light device in Veralite I went to the Device Options tab and added a Configuration setting of:

Variable: 14
Data Size: 1 (Not sure if this should be hex or dec, tried both)
Value: 2

See screen shot.

However when adding a trigger to the Welcome Home Scene I still only have on/off as an option nothing you can select with regards to single vs double clicking.

How are you meant to be able to run a scene on double click ?

Thanks

I now have double tap working on this new Z-wave.me wall switch ! ;D

Having since learnt more about how associations work I have changed the variable 14 to value 1, created an Association group 2 and added in the lights inside the house I wanted to turn on /off with a double tap.

So double tap is not running a Vera scene, don’t think you can do that? But double tap is directly turning on / off lights that are in group 2 and a single tap turns on / off the connect load (Outdoor porch light).

Does anyone know if I can do a similar thing with the older standard Duwi 05433 wall switch ? I have one of these in my kitchen that is just connected to the main ceiling light. All it does at the moment is On / Off / Dimming of this ceiling light. If possible I would like to enabled double tap to turn on some LED lighting in the kitchen as well. The LED’s are just connected to an ACT HomePro plug-in appliance module.

The standard Duwi user manual is ever harder to understand as they go on about using their Duwi switching centre remote thing which I don’t have.

Thanks

Can anyone give any advice ? Looking for a suitable Z-wave insert module to be installed behind a regular light switch. UK 2 wire system so there is no neutral wire etc. Looking at the Fibaro Dimmer and Aeon Labs Micro Illuminator both say “This device is designed for a 3 wire system and needs a neutral wire in the wall box.”

Thanks

Attached is a photo of the wires behind the light switch.

The user manual for the Fibaro FGD-211 here shows both a 2 wire and 3 wire diagram. So looks like 2 wire install is supported.

In real world terms how would I wire one of these modules up? What cables go where.