Sonos plugin integration

urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:Sonos:1 is now the new official device type for Sonos.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:14, topic:177749”]For the DLNA plugin, you should adjust your slider as the volume range is not 0-100 for all renderers.
I have defined two variables: MinVolume and MaxVolume.
You could first read the value of these 2 variables and use 0-100 by default if the variables are not set.[/quote]

Can you give me an idea what the two values can be. I want to make sure I implement the correct code for this.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:22, topic:177749”][quote=“lolodomo, post:14, topic:177749”]For the DLNA plugin, you should adjust your slider as the volume range is not 0-100 for all renderers.
I have defined two variables: MinVolume and MaxVolume.
You could first read the value of these 2 variables and use 0-100 by default if the variables are not set.[/quote]

Can you give me an idea what the two values can be. I want to make sure I implement the correct code for this.

• Garrett[/quote]

For the Sonos and probably lot of Media Renders, the values are respectively 0 and 100.
For my Android tablet, the values are respectively 0 and 15.
I will check later today what are the range for my Freebox player and my Raspberry Pi.

Note that the variable type is ui2 for the volume, so you cannot have a negative value. The maximum range would be in theory 0 - 511.

Garrett,

I just checked the UPnP AV specification and the specification forces the minimum value to 0. Only the maximum value is vendor specific. For information, step is not vendor specific and is 1 in the specification.

So you can assumle that the minimum value will always be 0.

Of course, I was wrong. ui2 could lead to a max value of 65535. But I really doubt we could have a high value in practice. 100 is probably the highest value we will notice.

They use range 0 - 100 too.

The only devices I own that do not use range 0 - 100 are my Android tablet and my Android phone.

Thanks lolodomo, I put in the changes and will have it in the next update for testing. Still need to figure out the Sonos repeat issues.

• Garrett

Lolodomo,

I released a new alpha build 3.3.0.4. I implemented the sonos fixes (still need to work on the repeat function). Can you test this out and let me know if things are working ok. I also added a Card View for the Sonos plugin as well that needs testing. As for the DLNA plugin, I also added a Card View for the plugin and also implemented the Min / Max Volume which also needs testing. Let me know if you find any issues or have any concerns.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:28, topic:177749”]Lolodomo,

I released a new alpha build 3.3.0.4. I implemented the sonos fixes (still need to work on the repeat function). Can you test this out and let me know if things are working ok. I also added a Card View for the Sonos plugin as well that needs testing. As for the DLNA plugin, I also added a Card View for the plugin and also implemented the Min / Max Volume which also needs testing. Let me know if you find any issues or have any concerns.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett.

• Bug with AV category (wrong filtering) is fixed
  • New Sonos type is taken into account 8)
  • Card view for Sonos and DLNA is ok; but we have less info than in the tile view (no album art, no track information, …) while the card view is bigger than the tile view…
  • volume min/max is not working for DLNA (remains 0-100 with my tablet)

Testing the volume range with DLNA plugin and BubbleUPnP running on my tablet, I discovered an unexpected behaviour. When I switch to AutHomationHD, the sound of my tablet is muted. In fact, Bubble seems to pause the playback. If I open the Settings window in your application, the playback resumes. When I exit the setting, the playback is paused again. Very strange.
I don’t have this behaviour with other Android applications.

I have not checked again shuffle and repeat controls as you said that you have still work to do for that.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:29, topic:177749”][quote=“garrettwp, post:28, topic:177749”]Lolodomo,

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett.

• Bug with AV category (wrong filtering) is fixed
  • New Sonos type is taken into account 8)
  • Card view for Sonos and DLNA is ok; but we have less info than in the tile view (no album art, no track information, …) while the card view is bigger than the tile view…
  • volume min/max is not working for DLNA (remains 0-100 with my tablet)

Testing the volume range with DLNA plugin and BubbleUPnP running on my tablet, I discovered an unexpected behaviour. When I switch to AutHomationHD, the sound of my tablet is muted. In fact, Bubble seems to pause the playback. If I open the Settings window in your application, the playback resumes. When I exit the setting, the playback is paused again. Very strange.
I don’t have this behaviour with other Android applications.

I have not checked again shuffle and repeat controls as you said that you have still work to do for that.[/quote]

• The card view layout is not set in stone. There will be tweaks over time and figure out what I want to show, etc.

• The min/max volume issue is now fixed, I was using the wrong service id.

• As for the sound being muted, do you have hotword detection turned on for voice recognition?

• Garrett

Lolodomo, I understand I need to update the Sonos plugin to work with the alpha. I looked around… just want to make sure this is the place to update from? Or best to wait a bit?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23312.0.html

Great work on this guys!

[quote=“tomgru, post:31, topic:177749”]Lolodomo, I understand I need to update the Sonos plugin to work with the alpha. I looked around… just want to make sure this is the place to update from? Or best to wait a bit?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23312.0.html

Great work on this guys![/quote]

Last released version is beta 4. But you need to upload my “in development” version to use it with AutHomationHD alpha version: trunk – Sonos Wireless HiFi Music Systems
A new version of the Sonos plugin should be released soon. That will be a version 1.0 and it will be available in the UI5 marketplace. This version will work with AutHomationHD alpha.

You could move the “Mute” at the right of the volume slider; that will let some place at the top-right corner for the album art for example.

- The min/max volume issue is now fixed, I was using the wrong service id.

Ok, I will confirm when you release a new version.

- As for the sound being muted, do you have hotword detection turned on for voice recognition?

You’re right. If I disable this option, the problem disappears.

Regarding the few problems of display with my Nexus 10, I know I still have to take screenshot to show you how it looks.

I believe I got the repeat and shuffle functions fixed. It will be in the next update which should be out in the next day or two. I’ll look into the Nexus 10 formatting issues when I get time.

• Garrett

Lolodomo, I released a new build. Can you test the repeat and shuffle functions.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:35, topic:177749”]Lolodomo, I released a new build. Can you test the repeat and shuffle functions.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett.

Thank you for the fix, I can confirm that now it works well.

Regarding card view, that looks good. I have only tested for Sonos, not yet for DLNA.

Volume adjustment for DLNA is fixed too (range 0-15 for my tablet).

Thank you for these corrections.

For the DLNA plugin, it looks like online state (ON/OFF) is not displayed in tile view like for the Sonos plugin.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:36, topic:177749”][quote=“garrettwp, post:35, topic:177749”]Lolodomo, I released a new build. Can you test the repeat and shuffle functions.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett.

Regarding card view, that looks good. I have only tested for Sonos, not yet for DLNA.

For the DLNA plugin, it looks like online state (ON/OFF) is not displayed in tile view like for the Sonos plugin.[/quote]

I thought you told me to remove the on / off state for Sonos as there was technically no such thing for these devices? I believe I ended up doing the same for the DLNA devices as well per your request. Are these devices suppose to have both on / off?

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:37, topic:177749”][quote=“lolodomo, post:36, topic:177749”][quote=“garrettwp, post:35, topic:177749”]Lolodomo, I released a new build. Can you test the repeat and shuffle functions.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett.

For the DLNA plugin, it looks like online state (ON/OFF) is not displayed in tile view like for the Sonos plugin.[/quote]

I thought you told me to remove the on / off state for Sonos as there was technically no such thing for these devices? I believe I ended up doing the same for the DLNA devices as well per your request. Are these devices suppose to have both on / off?

• Garrett[/quote]

I am not talking about actions (buttons) but the state you display. For DLNA, I only got a “-”. I will provide a new screenshot if it is not clear.

Because I removed the action buttons, I removed the status (well I thought I did). Should I re-include the status but not the action buttons? I re-read the older posts, let me make some adjustments to the Sonos and DLNA cards.

• Garrett

No, the status is still here for the Sonos plugin. Why not keeping it ?
Be careful, the variable has not the same name for Sono?s and DLNA plugins.