Somfy RTS RS485 Plugin

Dear all,

i created a vera plug in for the Somfy RTS RS485 Transmittor.
This is a device produced in France and available from Somfy shops in Europe.
Article number is 1810803 (Somfy Belgium) and costed there 272,95 euro’s excl VAT.
Useful is to also buy the RS485 demo toolkit, article 9016868 for 78,36 euro excl VAT.
The RS485 USB cable can be attached to a Vera unit with RS485 and with that you can control up to 16 somfy devices.
I created the plugin with as basis another plugin.
The RTS unit number must be updated in the plugin code, beware to follow the rules (to hex and byte swapped).

It required me significant work as i was new to ZWAVE, VERA and Somfy.
Goodluck with it.

Rudy

[quote=“rudyvan, post:1, topic:173547”]Dear all,

i created a vera plug in for the Somfy RTS RS485 Transmittor.
This is a device produced in France and available from Somfy shops in Europe.
Article number is 1810803 (Somfy Belgium) and costed there 272,95 euro’s excl VAT.
Useful is to also buy the RS485 demo toolkit, article 9016868 for 78,36 euro excl VAT.
The RS485 USB cable can be attached to a Vera unit with RS485 and with that you can control up to 16 somfy devices.
I created the plugin with as basis another plugin.
The RTS unit number must be updated in the plugin code, beware to follow the rules (to hex and byte swapped).

It required me significant work as i was new to ZWAVE, VERA and Somfy.
Goodluck with it.

Rudy[/quote]

Great work! Cannot wait to get my shades finished up, I was just advised to go w/ Somfy RS485 for my install and then I saw this post.

is the RS485 Demo Tookit the same as the handheld “Limit Toolkit”?

Does this allow each shade to show up as a dimmable device with 0-100% opening?

Does it also allow control of 1 or all shades simultaneously?

I don’t know the limit toolkit, unfortunately i cannot answer that question.
The other questions are a yes answer.
With the Somfy RTS Transmittor you can configure one channel to drive several shades simultaneously.

Goodluck, and let us know your experiences.

Regards,
Rudy

Hi Rudy from Somfy UK,

I would like to say thanks for the development of this plug-in. I wonder if you mind if I circulate it to our customers (Blind companies) as we have an increase number of inquiries lately dealing with Vera and VeraLite systems.

Can I ask you what is the difference between both plug in files? Can you control venentian blinds from Vera then (tilt function implemented?).

Sorry for so many questions!! If you need anything from my side for future developments, let me know!

[quote=“Toni Teje, post:4, topic:173547”]Hi Rudy from Somfy UK,

I would like to say thanks for the development of this plug-in. I wonder if you mind if I circulate it to our customers (Blind companies) as we have an increase number of inquiries lately dealing with Vera and VeraLite systems.

Can I ask you what is the difference between both plug in files? Can you control venentian blinds from Vera then (tilt function implemented?).

Sorry for so many questions!! If you need anything from my side for future developments, let me know![/quote]

When you’re developing plugins that run on vera then both files are used to define one type of device the D_ is the definition of the device and the I_ is the implementation of the code that drives it.

For more detail on the developing plugin see http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Plugins_ByHand

Hi,

Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread or not, but I’m trying to get my RTS RS485 working but I just can’t seem to get it working. The serial port is detected, but the blinds don’t seem to work. I’ve got them working using the Demo Toolkit but can’t seem to get them working through the Vera. I wasn’t quite sure about the comment “The RTS unit number must be updated in the plugin code, beware to follow the rules (to hex and byte swapped).” What unit number should I be putting in, and where should I put it?

Thanks,
Pete

Is there any news or updates on this anyone, I really really want to get this working

Check this.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24850.0.html

full control from the USB RFXtrx

The link above didn’t work. Here is the one that works.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=24850.0

However, I don’t see how that thread is related to this thread. Looking at the supported devices I see RollerTroll which is one brand of motors but I don’t see anything about Somfy. Also, isn’t RFXtrx and interface from USB to wireless? The RS485 isn’t wireless. So in case the thread is indeed not relevant to this topic, then is this plugin still working (some seem to have issues).

@maja: see Reply #27 http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24850.15.html

The RFXtrx433E is a universal RF device supporting a lot of devices including Somfy RTS.