Solved - TTS - SAY Functionality Not working?

Hi

Please could someone confirm if the TTS SAY command is working ?

When I run it on mine, it shows the mp3 that is created and played but no sound is heard via Sonos?

Just curious if it just me?

Working h?re with french

Thanks @lolodomo

Should all the say.x.mp3 file all have the same name ?

If I run three differnt TTS requests via different scenes, they all show on Sonos as playing say.5.mp3

[quote=“parkerc, post:3, topic:178499”]Thanks @lolodomo

Should all the say.x.mp3 file all have the same name ?

If I run three differnt TTS requests via different scenes, they all show on Sonos as playing say.5.mp3[/quote]

If you use the same device, yes, they have the same name and they are put in a queue and play in sequence.

Ok, the that would explain why each sonos plays the same say.x.mp3 file every time.

Even if I type text directly into the plugin/device it does not play back any of the text, all other features seem to work. One things did notice is that the name of the radio stream I was listening to changed? On the sonos remote it shows the say.x.mp3 file being played.

See screen shots below of how the name of the stream changes

Check if the silence file is still present in the Vera.

PS: what is your WEB browser ? I see that the Say button is not at the right place.

Thanks @lolodomo

Looking in /etc/cmh-ludl/ I cannot see the Sonos_silence.mp3 listed.

Arrhh-hah ! Micasaverde had to access my unit recently to fix an storage issue and after that a number of my plugins did not work as it looked like they removed some files…

Sonos_silence.mp3 now looks to have been one of them too…

Thanks again mate - I’ll upload it via WinSCP later and that should hopefully fix it.

As for the Browser - I use Safari on the iPad …

[quote=“parkerc, post:7, topic:178499”]Thanks @lolodomo

Looking in /etc/cmh-ludl/ I cannot see the Sonos_silence.mp3 listed.

Arrhh-hah ! Micasaverde had to access my unit recently to fix an storage issue and after that a number of my plugins did not work as it looked like they removed some files…

Sonos_silence.mp3 now looks to have been one of them too…

Thanks again mate - I’ll upload it via WinSCP later and that should hopefully fix it.[/quote]

Be carefuk, you may have uploaded it in /www.

One time, my file disappeared too and I never understood how it could have it happened.

As for the Browser - I use Safari on the iPad ..

Ok, I will reduce a little the field for the text.

Hi @lolodomo

I have uploaded Sonos_silence.mp3 to /etc/cmh-ludl/ did a few reloads but still the SAY command does not work.
The say.x.mp3 file is loaded but there is no sound being played?

Any other ideas ?

[quote=“parkerc, post:9, topic:178499”]Hi @lolodomo

I have uploaded Sonos_silence.mp3 to /etc/cmh-ludl/ did a few reloads but still the SAY command does not work.
The say.x.mp3 file is loaded but there is no sound being played?

Any other ideas ?[/quote]

You could check that the secure option is not enabled in your Vera.

And check again that the silence file is not present at 2 places, /etc/cmh-ludl/ and in /www/

Except TTS, is the plugin working well ?

Where do I find that option ?

No i cannot see it stored elsewhere. In the www/ directory I can see the say.x.mp3 files and they are both 0 (zero) bytes

Yes, it seems to be…

Without knowing what they have done, that is a little difficult.

Where do I find that option ?[/quote]

I think it is in Setup => Unit settings.

Try to comment this line in I_Sonos1.xml:

os.execute(DELETE_EXECUTE:format(device))

Reload.
Then try again a TTS. Check that a new file Say.x.mp3 has been produced in /www and is not empty.
From your PC browser, try to run this URL: http://IP_VERA/Say.x.mp3. Your browser should play the audio file or allow you to download it. Check the file is ok.
All this will confirm that:
1 - Google is working
2 - access to Vera Web is working

[quote=“lolodomo, post:14, topic:178499”]Try to comment this line in I_Sonos1.xml:

By comment do you mean place ‘–’ in front of that line so it is ignored ? - then re-upload the file again.

I can also confirm before doing the above that

i) I can access the Vera UI no problem and
ii) I can use Google ( I also have a test radio station (under My Radio Stations) set up on my Sonos to run a static translate URL and that works)

If I try the follow http://IP_VERA/Say.x.mp3 - it show me a media player screen within the browser windo but (as we know) nothing comes out as the file is empty

[quote=“parkerc, post:15, topic:178499”][quote=“lolodomo, post:14, topic:178499”]Try to comment this line in I_Sonos1.xml:

By comment do you mean place ‘–’ in front of that line so it is ignored ? - then re-upload the file again.

I can also confirm before doing the above that

i) I can access the Vera UI no problem and
ii) I can use Google ( I also have a test radio station (under My Radio Stations) set up on my Sonos to run a static translate URL and that works)

If I try the follow http://IP_VERA/Say.x.mp3 - it show me a media player screen within the browser windo but (as we know) nothing comes out as the file is empty[/quote]

Yes, put – in front of the line.

And delete the empty Say.x.mp3 files.

Hi @lolodomo

I have made the change to I_Sonos1.xml

From this…

function endSayAlert(device) device = tonumber(device) table.remove(sayQueue[device], 1) if (#sayQueue[device] == 0) then restorePlaybackContexts(device, sayPlayback[device]) sayPlayback[device] = nil os.execute(DELETE_EXECUTE:format(device)) else sayOrAlert(device, sayQueue[device][1], true) end end

to this.

function endSayAlert(device) device = tonumber(device) table.remove(sayQueue[device], 1) if (#sayQueue[device] == 0) then restorePlaybackContexts(device, sayPlayback[device]) sayPlayback[device] = nil -- os.execute(DELETE_EXECUTE:format(device)) else sayOrAlert(device, sayQueue[device][1], true) end end

And I have deleted the two Say.x.mp3 files

Now if I try and do any Say request nothing happens - no .mp3 is created and nothing is placed in the queue for Sonos to play.

I’m going to try a complete re-install of the files again. - see if that does anything…

@lolodomo - another complete re-install of all the files looks to have sorted it this time

Why it did not do it before i do not know.

Thank you so much for your help

Hi @lolodomo -

I just wanted to say that it has returned again
I can see a zero byte say.x.mp3 file in the www directory and no play back.

When it works - i know the say.x.mp3 file gets deleted, so something seems to be stopping the process ?

The file was dated for yesterday so it suggests that was when it failed
Also I can see the file is not updated (date last modified) with any new Say requests
Deleting it only results in a new blank file being created once and not updated…

All very strange…

UPDATE = A Luup reload works so it suggests something stops working at some point (just not sure when)

parkerc: could you add “solved” in the title of your subject please.

And could you try the current version in trunk please. I have done a little adjustment for you, hopping a better presentation of the Player tab in Safari.
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems/browser/trunk#