[Solved]: Do not update your Hamony Hub to version 4.15.250

the increment on the timeout from 10sec to 30sec has fixed the error.

I was on version 2.2 didn’t get the chance to try version 3.5. Although on version 2.2 I did experience a few timeout.

lua-scoket installed:

sudo apt-cache policy lua-socket
lua-socket:
  Installed: 3.0~rc1-3
  Candidate: 3.0~rc1-3
  Version table:
 *** 3.0~rc1-3 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Thanks. Can you see in the log how many seconds it took to get the full response from your Hub? You can click the Update button next to Update Configuration to force that. On a reload it only retrieves it when there is data missing to run the plugin properly.

Cheers Rene

It seems I have a Problem now as well.

Untill 2 days ago all worked fine. When it stopped working I updated the plugin with the link provided. Harmony startes working again.

But my morning scene, which includes starting sonos radio and group some sonos, gives a luup restart… every time.

I removed the harmony part in that scene and no more luup restarts.

Of my way to work again and on my next week I will be home to look further… but something not right,

Cor

Hi Cor,

Please check that the startactivities commands are not overlapping. Since a few releases the plugin does not wait until the activity is completely started. It return immediately as some sequences take 20-30 seconds and it was just not a good idea to ty up you Vera for that long.

I am working on some enhancements that should avoid this situation by making use of the job mechanism but that is a bit new territory.

Cheers Rene

Hello Rene,

I see your point , but I don’t understand completely what you mean. 2 Screenshots are attached , can you be so kind to look at them?

What happends in the morning , when I “wake up my house”.
-It is done by a virtual switch. which triggers some PLEG action:
-Unlocks frontdoor.
-switch on some lights
-runs scene : play music.
-switches on - off some in house- outside cameras ( blue iris http request.)
-autovera: set the volume to loud on some android phones.

The scene to play the music has some items in in:
-Switch on the amplifier.
-set a volume 5 seconds later.
-use the Harmony to start the music: switch on the amplifier ( again) , start sonos , go to the right amplfifier chanel etc.
-set the volume again.

The reason I switch on the amplifier twice and the volume is due to the (initial) volume. Before , when I only started the Harmony activity , and the volume was ( from the night before watching a movie for example) way too loud it took the harmony too long to set the right volume. Now I start with setting the right volume , before Harmony starts it thing.

Looking at the attached screenshots , anything I need to change there , anything you suspect what is causing the luup restart- commands overlapping?

Many thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,

Sorry, really cannot tell like this. Can you set the log level at debug and share a bit of the LuaUPnP.log showing the bits before the reload?

Cheers Rene

OK , I will do that next week when I am home again.

What do you mean exactly with :“startactivities commands are not overlapping” . can you give a short example?

Thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,

For example the activity to start my TV takes about 25-35 seconds. In all version V3.x versions you can send a second command while that is still running. I just put out V3.7 that does not allow this. It will fail the call_action if an command is still busy. Note that only starting an activity can take that long. All other commands are basically instant.

I hope V3.7 will be in the Mios app store Monday. It is already available on the ALTUI App store.

Cheers Rene

My hub automatically updated to 4.15.250. My plug-in is 3.5, downloaded from MiOS app store. Any idea when the plug-in might be updated on the MiOS app store to 3.6 or 3.7?

Sorry for the extra noise in the tread, I was able to update to 3.7 using the ALTUI app store and the integration is working again.

Thanks so much for repairing this so quickly!

[quote=“Cor, post:27, topic:200614”]OK , I will do that next week when I am home again.

What do you mean exactly with :“startactivities commands are not overlapping” . can you give a short example?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

[quote=“reneboer, post:28, topic:200614”]Hi Cor,

For example the activity to start my TV takes about 25-35 seconds. In all version V3.x versions you can send a second command while that is still running. I just put out V3.7 that does not allow this. It will fail the call_action if an command is still busy. Note that only starting an activity can take that long. All other commands are basically instant.

I hope V3.7 will be in the Mios app store Monday. It is already available on the ALTUI App store.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Ah I see.
A bit wierd than , since It was with my “morning scene” , I don’t think there is something which takes very long/ovelaps. Although… grouping the sonos takes a bit I noticed…
Anyway , I understand now what you mean with the overlapping.

Yesterday I upgraded to version 3.7 , and all is fine. no more luup restarts and all is starting as is should.

Many thanks for your assistance,
Cor

Glad to hear.

Cheers Rene

Hi

My harmony has stopped working for over a week now since it upgraded to 4.15.250. I’m running 3.7 of the plugin from the store but I still get a Startup Lua Error.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

[quote=“Gjones, post:33, topic:200614”]Hi

My harmony has stopped working for over a week now since it upgraded to 4.15.250. I’m running 3.7 of the plugin from the store but I still get a Startup Lua Error.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks[/quote]
Hi,
It should work with the latest version. Can you set the log level to debug, reload luup and see what you can find in the LuaUPnP.log file?

Cheers Rene

hi im trying to conect HArmony hub to vera plus im newbie, the harmony hub updated to version 4.15.250 and the plugin is V3.9 im having same issue of: “RemoteID cannot be found or check ip adress” however I know ip adress is correct., could you please give me some step-step to solve this please?

Best regards
Ernesto

Hi, please do not post your question twice. Look at your other post for a reply.

Cheers Rene