Smart switches and microwave ovens

This is partially a duplicate of a post in the Ezlo sub-forum. Putting this here as this is not Ezlo specific.

We are trying to use smart plugs to monitor the energy uses of various appliances. We are running into a problem with some microwave ovens. They overload the switches, and the switches turn off when the oven is run. We are seeing this problem with the Aeotec Smart Switch 7 (ZWA023-A), and the Zooz Z-Wave Plus Power Switch (ZEN15).

The Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (ZW096) does not overload, but only when it’s overload protection is turned off (which on some switches appears to be the default), which is not recommended.
The Zooz ZEN15 is intended for high power applications, including microwave ovens, but the higher power ovens still overload it.

Is anyone else having similar issues with smart plugs and microwave ovens? Does anyone know of a z-wave smart switch that works well with high power microwave ovens?

I have been using the Enerwave ZW15RM-Plus wall outlet for over a year and just recently it started to overload and will not reset. I don’t have time to look into it, so I just switched to the always “ON” outlet. The microwave is well within the 15 amp capacity. In my opinion, these outlets should last at least 10 years if used within their power limits. I use these outlets for my microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and coffee machine. When they go bad I will replace the wall outlets with standard ones and start using the wifi plugins that are cheap so that I don’t have to keep messing with the house power wires. The bad news is that it takes me away from the Zwave all-in-one control panel.