SM103/HRSD1...hard-wire power?

I have seen several posts/threads where authors have used some power supply or another to drive these (battery-hungry!) devices instead of feeding them batteries regularly.

Any BKM or example/photos of how this was done? My next Franken-device will have to have AC power supplied anyway, and will have a pair of HRSD1s involved. Is there an elegant place to connect to the HRSD1 board to supply power, or are folks just soldering wires to the battery contacts?

–Richard

Richard,

im currently working on my version of the doorbell conversion.
This also incorporates a permanent power drawn from the 8v transformer that powers the doorbell.

I think my most stable implementation will be encasing the whole unit including PCB in a box.

Im trying to regulate the power to the required 3,6v by using diodes.

There are some other examples on the forum if you search for “doorbell”.
Once ready, ill post my experiences and some pictures.

• Henk

[quote=“rlmalisz, post:1, topic:168984”]I have seen several posts/threads where authors have used some power supply or another to drive these (battery-hungry!) devices instead of feeding them batteries regularly.

Any BKM or example/photos of how this was done? My next Franken-device will have to have AC power supplied anyway, and will have a pair of HRSD1s involved. Is there an elegant place to connect to the HRSD1 board to supply power, or are folks just soldering wires to the battery contacts?

–Richard[/quote]

You can hardwire power to the battery contacts, most old cell phone chargers are around 3-5V and should work, this is how I wired up my 3-in-1 sensors and they work great