Should I Finally Upgrade from UI5 to UI7? Advice desperately wanted.

[quote=“fabstar81, post:20, topic:190909”]Well, this sure is weird…just checked the LEDs for you about an hour ago.

Watching tv with my kid when all of a sudden I see the garden evening lights turn on and my Kodi is giving programmed messages of all sorts.

I can log in through the cp.mios.com website and it is referring to my local installation. There I see a new firmware message.

I guess it just took almost 20 hours to upgrade…

Anyway, I’ll be trying to figure put which app I now best use. The ui7 vera mobile app isn’t taking my username and password…[/quote]

As I already said UI7 needs a new user and password or atleast a new password.

Also you need to use Home.getvera.com from now on.

cp.mios.com is old server for ui5. It’s different!

You can use the same user but don;t use the same password when you make your new account! If you make it same everything you risk the chance of getting locked out and haveing to call vera.

EDIT: as the servers are different, any app factory or aftermarket need to know your on ui7 now as there is a different servers and url to connect to now. Which app were you using before? Almost all will work but you need to make some changes to it.

Thanks for the tip. Everything is working now, I even have all my plugins up and running.

Except for the hanging of the vera, this was after all a perfect upgrade. Guess I should or could have read the username instructions better, but anyway. Happy to be finally under UI7.

Thanks for all the help.